Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default River level is UP!

I passed by again yesterday to see the Maumee churning up into the trees and flooding Bluegrass Island. 585 ft was reported at Maumme bait and tackle.
    By his thermometer it was still 34.9 degrees, 35.2 by mine. Still another 4.8 degrees before the fish will spawn.
    This rush of water will at least get the fish thinking about it.

Still too cold.

Talking

Was down there today to see what and if .well all of the creeks are over there banks.water well up into the weeds .not sure water temp.are.. What rooster said the temps...dont think have not changed much....it will be a few days till water goes down enough to fish from shore...i would say anybody with a boat could get in and start around white st..or the orleans park area....water is fast and deep..i ll keep up as much info as i can..this water will bring males in now......

Talking River

River is down enough to get in....not sure of temps...any water we do get weill go fast ..i was down today only a hand ful of people here and there...did not stay in on place to long..had to move and see what and where ...did not see any one with fish...i was there to test boat and see what river was doing...dont forget to get new fish lic..my next day down will be wed or thursday for sure...me no fish ...but soon my friend very soon

makingpayments.....russ

from the river last year..

Nice fish Russ.. and killer dog! Haha

Blog Entries

Default nice

when where these caught

Default River

Was down there today nobody that i could see fishing..water is 36 ..dam cold yet..we will need more water here soon ...you can get in just about every where...still no takers on the line...needs to warm up..water that is...thinking of hitting the bay over the weekend....had a friend out on the lake..said he got out about 100 or so yards out..put the anchor on the ice..the got 1 ..said they did the same as if the where in the shanty....

Makingpayments.......russ

Wink FRIDAY THE 15th!!!

Thanks for the update Russ!

This week the weather is forecast to be above 45 degrees during the daylight hours and the warmest day being Sunday accompanied by a good rainfall. This looks to be a triggering combination that should bring the fish into the river and begin the spawn in earnest. The River will need to subside for it to be safe. It will take a few days for this to happen. Thursday will be a bright and Sunny. While I like bright and Sunny, Walleye do not. So, it looks like Friday the 15th, being overcast, will be the first day we should see large numbers of catchable fish in the river.

Default Bay

I might depends on the weather take the lil boat out on Sunday from the Lost Pennisula. But wind will be the big factor, prob wont fish kinda far to take the lil boat but I'm ready to get on the water and do something! Been tooooo long!
    Lowe Life

Talking River

Going down in the morr..going to work the shore just west of fort meg....let hope that we or the guys that i am going with get in to some...i ll for sure post it here //.....

Thumbs up maumee river

I saw a few scattered fisherman from sidecut down just past the 23/475 bridge i wasn't around to long, and didnt see anyone with any fish but it is fishable and is probibly going to start getting busy this weekend. The water is a little stained 3 to 4 inches visibility.