Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update! Maumee River update!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Maumee River update!

Good afternoon Walleye.com readers!

I know many of you are chomping at the bit to get a chance to try your luck in the Maumee so I thought I would update you on what I found today.

I had the chance today to stop by the Maumee River and see how the ice pack was looking. Up around Bluegrass Island, the ice was all but gone. There were still chunks of ice floating on the surface. Maumee bait and tackle had the river temp at 34.4 degrees as of this morning. Still a bit cold to bring the Walleye up the river. Temperatures are forcast to fall below freezing again until the 4th. A warming trend is forecast into the 40's the following week.

It looks like we are looking at around 3 weeks out before the fish start moving in numbers.

Almost there!!!

Blog Entries

Default thanks for the look out

Been waiting to here from someone up that way with an eye on the river thanks I think 3 weeks will do it

Talking River

Fished the dam today...there for 2 hr.not to much going on had some thing snagged..not sure of what....lots of ice above the dam...hard to fish and watch your back..never know when its going to break free....there was 2 other guys there also....never saw a net.....still a little soon...just could not stand it any more......it wont be long now....

Thanks for the report. Maumee tackle has not updated report since 02/14. Been wondering how river was looking. PLease keep the reports coming, its much appreciated. Been pouring inline sinkers in anticipation.

Blog Entries

Default Hey Russ where do you fish ?

Just wanting to know where you were fishing I to have a need to get out a little earlier this year also might get the wadders out next week

schroeder farms in pburg next to buttonwood great place

see ya there

Default New Boat

I have a deep V Klamath 16' boat. It has a 10 horse motor. Do you think it has enough power to get it up the river? I think I might need at least a 25 horse. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Life of Riley

A nine horse is just fine. I had a nine on a 14fter and pushed just fine. Just be safe in that river. A little higher water and she can get nasty.

Default River

Yeah i agree.the 9.9 will work..had the same thing 14 with a 9 on and went good just cant not over load it..with all the rain we gotit will come up and should stay up for a few days....i might take a ride and see what s up....i ll let u know..if not i ll be in the water monday for sure...there was talk of shro. Farm to open 16 of next month

itjust about to start...lets be safe and pick up your trash........:d