PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use? PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use? PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use? PERCH BATTER MIX What do you guys use?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

andys red just rinse dip and fry but a good egg wash is hard to beat

Smile perch batter

milk and egg dip and Italian bread crumbs or andys with yellow corn meal, Reel sport Team.

Lots of good breading mixes out there. I love em all !
    Since two back surgeries and a hip replacement, I need to keep my weight down so I try to avoid fried food on a regular basis now.

Here's a link to some great perch recipes:

http://www.all-fish-seafood-recipes....cfm/list/Perch

Some are just too complicated, but most are pretty easy.
    My favorite is the Maryland Perch In Tomato Sauce. It calls for white perch, but the yellows work fine.

My wife also substitutes perch for chicken in her pot pie recipe. Darn good.

dip em in milk and use half cajun seasoning half progresso italian breadcrumbs, with a dash iof garlic salt. yum yum. or use town house crackers. both are delicious.

Default ive tried them all

been eating perch for 35 years and ive had them all that i read on here but i did not see drakes batter mix its the best for deep frying and you can use it on anything from making chicken tenders to any veggie quick and easy just add water or beer dip and fry. thats great for bigger fish frys. but when its just me and the family i take saltines put them in the my little grinder crush them to a powder add them to a gallon ziplock then add garlic powder and lawrys seasoned salt to taste. then i coat with flower dip in a egg wash then the cracker crumbs and pan fry in my cast iron skillet. for a tarter sauce we use hellmans, pickle relish, enough mustard to add color, and leamon juice mix to taste dip and eat. i like andys cajun style and ive had golden dip youngs batter mix the batter mix you can only get from butch and dennys. but these 2 i like the best

I have had most of them on here, lets face it,I just like perch!! However my familys goto recipe is...keebler butter flavor club crackers put them in a processor and make crumbs, add 33% regular flour, add 3/4 cup seasoned italian bread crumbs, add spoonfull mrs Dash, and spoonfull lawrys seasoned salt. Also some garlic salt or other garlic flavoring.
    Use egg wash and roll in mixture, fry with "canola" oil...here the trick is to get the oil hot enough... I start dropping filets at 375 degrees, nothing less and try to maintain this temp. Fish are cooked in just a minute. If any of you watch the cooking shows, you will find many fry to cold..at temps 350 and below the fish absorbs the oil and has an oily taste. At 375 or slightly higher they sear the outside instantly and do not absorb oil. Far less oily taste and the canola oil is much healthier for you ( tastes good also) This is by far the family favorite even for those who don't care for fish....

Airshot

Default perch batter

either Andy's or Fryin' Magic ... just rinse dip and fry

I use a 50/50 mix of Zatarain's lemon pepper fish fri batter and Cap'n crunch cereal
    Smash up the Cap'n crunch cereal, ( it does not have to be put in a food processor)
    The 1 gal container from Sam's club is about $6 for the lemon pepper fish-fri Zatarains, 2 boxes of Cap'n crunch makes a giant batch and is the 50/50 mix I make, stores very well in containers or ziplocks.
    Add cayenne pepper to taste, approx: 1Tbl/4 cups of the mix
    Dip in eggs/heavy cream, coat fish, put in ziplock baggies at least 30 minutes as any batter will stick much better, over night is best. Fry in clarified cooking oil at 360 to 375 degs.
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/zatarai...-lbs/127908.ip
    Last edited by ebijack; 09-15-2012 at 05:28 AM.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

It sounds like Andy's is more well known than I thought. I just randomly tried it one time. Looks like I stumbled on to a good thing.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

I use Kentucky Kernal seasoned flour. Its a coating that tastes very similar to Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's pretty bad ass if you like spicey/seasoned flavor.