Long way for Walleye Long way for Walleye Long way for Walleye Long way for Walleye
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It appears Doc W opened a rather large can of worms with his reckless remark. Cannot wait to hear his reply to all the responses.
    To BuckEye: Doctor Vernon Tharp ran the large animal clinic while I was a student at OSU. He was one of the kindest and most caring instructors I had the privilege to know. He made you feel like you were special and he had every student's respect from day one. He was more than a teacher to me. He was my friend and I miss him. O----H

Default Dangerous waters

One of these days, you long rangers are going to get out there and will have a very difficult time getting back when the weather turns...and then you will be in some deep blue! It doesn't have to be a storm, just a fresh breeze will cause you a very rough ride...hopefully something doesn't break...and it is very easy to hit something unseen. I've even seen boat dock sections sloshing back and forth between the US and Canada...so watchout!

Cheers, Docwet

ps: there's a 42' Yerllowfin with 3x 300 hp outboards on U-tube running 105 miles in 140 minutes...thats more like it!

DocWet,
    Don't change the subject. We are talking walleye and walleye boats. A 42' Yellowfin grossly over powered blasting its way across Lake Erie is not only reckless but irresponsible. And by the way, how slow will that boat troll. It may not even have a fishfinder on board. I do know that what that boat burns in one day will feed my boat until I'm forced off the lake by ice.

Quote Originally Posted by docwet View Post
    One of these days, you long rangers are going to get out there and will have a very difficult time getting back when the weather turns...and then you will be in some deep blue! It doesn't have to be a storm, just a fresh breeze will cause you a very rough ride...hopefully something doesn't break...and it is very easy to hit something unseen. I've even seen boat dock sections sloshing back and forth between the US and Canada...so watchout!

Cheers, Docwet

ps: there's a 42' Yerllowfin with 3x 300 hp outboards on U-tube running 105 miles in 140 minutes...thats more like it!
    Yea,All of us here have 200 grand to dump on a fishing boat..........
    Just stretching lines

My buddy went out with some charter, I think the sign in the picture said Bandit Charters, this past Wednesday the 15th, and they caught 35 wallys, a perch, & a steelhead in 65 fow out of Geneva but were close to Geneva on the Lake.
    The fishing here in Erie has died off and very tough now to get on the eyes. Most guys going after perch now.

Smile Long way for walleye

To DocWet and anyone else who cares:
    I was out between the 42.o9 and 42.11 line NNE of Geneva yesterday and guess who showed up for the walleye party? I counted over 100 boats and not one of them was over 35' so I am not the only reckless one roaming the deeper waters of Lake Erie and fron what I observed, most of them were running their boats in a responsible manner. My biggest thrill and challenge yesterday was boating a 25" steely on a purple and black Long A Bomber back 345' on 12 lb SS line. The biggest walleye was 27 1/2 in off the same lure and distance but there was no comparison. With the blessings of God and my wife I will see you crazies out there tomorow. (Be safe)

been catching them the last 2 weeks here in 45-55 fow. Haven't been out beyond that since the lake flipped several weeks ago.
    Buddy went out of Genva last Wednesday and caught 35 eyes, a perch, and a steelie in 65fow off Geneva on the Lake.

Wink

I run a 12ft sportspal canoe 2.5 monkey wards 2 stroke with extra plugs

7 miles straight out of walnut for perch. 2 hole cement block for an anchor and paddles for back-up...

Hehehehe

Interesting reading LMAO....!

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...less-boat.html

Best to all

Ed

Default $600 Payday

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    To DocWet and anyone else who cares:
    I was out between the 42.o9 and 42.11 line NNE of Geneva yesterday and guess who showed up for the walleye party? I counted over 100 boats and not one of them was over 35' so I am not the only reckless one roaming the deeper waters of Lake Erie and fron what I observed, most of them were running their boats in a responsible manner. My biggest thrill and challenge yesterday was boating a 25" steely on a purple and black Long A Bomber back 345' on 12 lb SS line. The biggest walleye was 27 1/2 in off the same lure and distance but there was no comparison. With the blessings of God and my wife I will see you crazies out there tomorow. (Be safe)
    The only reason all those charters are out there is that they are all getting a $600 payday...if the fish were in 30 ft of water, they would all be there in 30 ft., believe me! Its just no fun being broke down many miles from shore, waiting for a tow, night falling and the weather deteriorating...no fun at all.

Cheers, Docwet

Quote Originally Posted by docwet View Post
    The only reason all those charters are out there is that they are all getting a $600 payday...if the fish were in 30 ft of water, they would all be there in 30 ft., believe me! Its just no fun being broke down many miles from shore, waiting for a tow, night falling and the weather deteriorating...no fun at all.

Cheers, Docwet
    I can attest to that, luckily I had a buddy out trolling in the near area of me when my boat broke down and I lost all power. Luckily he was in the area to tow but we both barely had cell service out there.

Alot of the time when places get all crowded is someone posts something and many read and pass the info along, whether its good info or bad info, can cause combat driving when there are a ton of boats and guys have boards out & some not paying attention to where they're driving cause of a fish or a tangle or anything.
    With the temps going back in the 80's soon, hoping it will trigger some better size eyes. Ones we been catching have been in that 18-20 inch range with a mix of a 5-6 pounder here and there.