recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Default As we age

As we age , we realize that our parents need help sort of like we did when we were young. Lost my mother a week ago and father in-law was buried in April. Now we are constantly having to check on the other parent and make sure the dont forget things like finance and medical. So I know what you are dealing with. Stay active and live life to the full extent that you can !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default winter trips

Wintertime trolling is paying off for a few guys. Only a few miles offshore on the calm days are giving up a nice grade of walleye. Slow trolling stickbaits for suspended eyes off Huron, Kellys and Cedar Point.
    I will wait 3 months till I get back on the water for jig season.
    Various dates scattered each month of the season available to book.
    Call to reserve your date or a weekend get away.
    Oak Harbor, West Harbor to fish Canadian waters and Geneva.
    Oak Harbor area we can fish some of Canadian waters during mid summer to fish the small islands and rocky reefs just over the line.
    Spring is coming but ice fishing is looking 50/50 chance.
    Happy New Year to all !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

http://www,youtube.com/watch?v=Did2L...&feature=share
    recent jig trip video if I uploaded it correct.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Great weekend of trolling 40 jets and spoons. Limit Saturday by noon and limit Sunday before 1pm. Sorting thru hundreds of white bass and some white perch and sheephead. Friday fun trip of casting netting half a limit but not enough wind which has been the norm lately. Sunday we had something HUGE on a spoon. It snapped the clip off and that rod bent over hard. I grabbed it and watch the line strip off and a few strong head shakes and more pulling as we tried to slow the boat and get stuff out of the way. After about 20 seconds it was gone. I have never had a fish that strong on a rod in my 35 plus years of fishing on Erie. My guess is a large Musky but will never know. We had just been talking about musky with the crew and then that happened. Boat #2 has been on fire this last week and has had limits each day by noon or by 9:30 at the earliest on a couple days. Working the east side of the reefs and some guys on the north side. Size range for this week has been 8 to 27 inch. If you are trolling take plenty of clips and bands. Casters take plenty of worms. Worm prices have gone crazy as the cost has gone up again. 55/60 bucks a flat. Could go higher as they have said draught and no workers to pick worms up north. 40 jets this last week 25 to 60 ft back.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

This Saturday or Monday are open May 23, 25. Winds right now looking less that 15 mph so probably be trolling all weekend this week.
    Trolling bite for walleye has been outstanding and the casting not so much due to too lite of winds. If I could get some wind the cast bite would be a great possibility but the water is clean and the winds are lite. Troll time for sure.
    Pick from Saturday and Monday for this Memorial Day weekend.
    Lots of reeling time with all the white bass we have taken if you would want to take some of those home. Fill a couple 5 gallon buckets easy with bass right now plus the walleye.
    Ask about a couple dates in June I have open and I have 2 Sundays in July open yet.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

And the bite goes on ! Great fishing and catching the last couple weeks. Mostly limits by trolling and nice boxes of near limits by casting. Cast bite been a little odd this year as the reason is unknown for me. I can normally hold my own casting worms is off for not having a good enough wind so I turn to trolling. Now the trolling has been great and early mornings have been fairly fast and the rods have been bending over alot. The last 2 cast trips have been a handful short of the limit and the troll days are filling the cooler. Has been common to have half the limit before 9am by trolln then circle back for round 2. On Friday and Sunday this weekend I had a period of 5 on at one time and scooping 2 at once. Get the rods reset and bang, letting out to the feet back and whammm when he shut the bale. Old style 40 jets 50 to 75 ft, with any tooty fruity , coppers and some j7s also. Threw back 20-25 Friday and a dozen Sunday. Thursday casted on a clam day and threw back 15 short walleye. Find the clean water and watch your screen for marks around 15-17 ft and 20-25 ft. LJ dipseys starting to catch some with #1 setting at 26-36 and #3 setting 32-44ft on the large dipsey no ring. Speed 2.1-2.4. recent walleye action-trolln-late-jpg Some of the pics from this weekend not loading right. Work on that and repost these later.
    Attached Images Attached Images recent walleye action-25-2015-jeff-jpg recent walleye action-may24-jpg recent walleye action-casting-25-2015-jpg 
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 06-09-2015 at 07:33 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

recent walleye action-june-48-jpeg Friday June 5th before 12;30 pm. Had 18 by 8:30, left dock about 6:20 and a 45 min ride out. Kinda quick like Dave said it was and I passed him one of the days as we fished same area. My next open dates are Sunday July 12 and Sunday July 19 unless you want to fish on a Friday . Friday June 27th and Friday June 19th are open and these dates are for my boat. There are other dates available on boat #3 but call to find info for dates on boat #3. Geneva Ohio charters starting in a week for all trolling trips for walleye thru Labor Day.
    Trips out of Fenwick Marina for walleye are $600 for up to 6 ppl. All season.
    Trips out of Geneva State Park Marina for walleye are $700 up to 6 ppl. ( late June thru early Sept ) Only one of our 3 boats move to Geneva and the other 2 stay in Fenwick Marina.
    Walleye fishing has been OUTSTANDING ! Call me to book your summer trip.
    Overnight lodging at our marina. Stay in clean comfortable lodgings and fish on clean comfortable fully equipped Sportcraft boats.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 06-09-2015 at 08:30 AM. Reason: more info.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Geneva action is on fire. A third of each days box are Fish Ohio class walleye lately. West end slowly getting back to normal . Plenty of fish to catch all over the western end. Call for fishing help or to book a date. Phone number is listed below.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Geneva action is on fire. A third of each days box are Fish Ohio class walleye lately. West end slowly getting back to normal . Plenty of fish to catch all over the western end. Call for fishing help or to book a date. Phone number is listed below.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

June was good for trolling. All trolling trips produced 25-48 walleye each trip. Good month till the big wind and heavy rain hampered the bite for every boat from the islands to Mich. recent walleye action-june-48-jpegrecent walleye action-trolln-late-jpg I am back at it this Thurs eve, Friday Sat and Sunday now that vacation time is over. Should be good with calm winds forecasted.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]