recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default More Geneva

Geneva is bangn ! Huge fish going in the net again.
    Picture is from todays box.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Geneva

Central basin fishing action has been hot. I fished Sat n Sunday with limits both days. Sundays box had two going to the taxidermist. Saturday was high waves and decent action of walleye. Long ways offshore using big stickbaits. Deep clear waters and get the lures down 50-55 feet. 74 to the bottom. Water temp 67. Weekdays have a few openings in Geneva for walleye. Average fish in the mid upper 20s with great shot at some over 30 inch and these fish have big girth and great color. Good for mounting size. Wire line, big baits 300-350 ft back of the boat.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default More Huge fish

Summer Break Charters 2014 Ashtabula Ohio walleye tournament winner on Saturday. 5 walleye total measurement of 152 inches hit the net and take the win on first time entry. First place out of 80 boats ! Walleye bonanza in the central basin and the walleye starting to bite again in the west end after a short pause . Perch being taken all over the lake in the classic spots to.
    Call and book a trip for either area of the lake we have boats.
    2 boats in Oak Harbor { Fenwick Marina} and 1 boat in Geneva Ohio.
    Call for open dates that are available for weekday and weekends.
    Overnight lodging available at the marina and customer fish cleaning nearby.
    All 30 foot boats ,clean and all gear provided on every trip.
    Perch are biting !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default perching

Recent perch catch is very good for most. Deeper water west of the islands producing alot of perch but the size is mixed with many smaller ones to sort thru. Spend the time and extra bait to get a nicer box or wait till Oct for the water cool off to find the big ones. Saturday treated us well as I found mostly large slab perch with an average weight of 1.1 pounds for 2 yellow perch. I made one change this year and its red hooks. I normally use Mustad #28 snelled but the way they are packaged now is tough to get out of the package. So now I am making my own rigs and so far the results are good. We had a few small 6-7 inch throw backs but most were 9-13s with a few 8s. Only moved one time as the anchor wouldnt hold a bite to the bottom. It was windy but these guys fished hard all day. Already rebooked for 2015. Going back to same spot next week.
    Attached Images Attached Images recent walleye action-sept-reef-perch-jpg 
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default perch and eyes

Weekend of basically small perch. Saturday did good caught a couple hundred perch and only one white perch all day. Sunday probably caught 150-160 perch and then trolled for a few walleye to end the day. Walleye taken between L can and West sister. 65-75 ft 40 jets, 2.4 mph...Big dipseys 38-42 ft on #1 setting with J7. Water near L can got very weedy. Heard a late report of good perch taken west of North Bass which was my gut feeling but I didnt go with it. The water west of the area around West Sister has algea streaks all over and its moving east. Take plenty of minnows on your perch excursions to sort thru the small ones that many people are encountering west of the islands. Any further trips for me will be east of the islands and Canadian waters.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default fall season

As the fall season is drawing to a close for most of us, the lake is rolling and cooling off. She was rolling and getting stirred up with silt today with North winds and small craft advisory till sometime Sunday. The fall shore fishing is starting to take off but the weather conditions not being favorable lately for much of anything out there. My boat is put away and the phone rang today for a Nov trip. To find a boat to borrow ? Huron area has some eyes to go after if the weather levels out but next week looking to head for Canadian waters for jumbo perch ! I sat at the beach today and the air temp read 50 so it cooled of alot the last 2 weeks. I had a call from Illinois the other day about Nov walleye from shore. Guys are coming up for a few weeks of cold water wading and casting cranks at night and late afternoon in the rocky shallows. They seem to have a great grasp on what they are doing , so I gave them a few ideas they may try. I hope they catch more they than they said they took in the last 2 years which was not very many. 2014 was a great year for walleye with a few days here and there of scratching our heads to figure something out but overall an outstanding year. Lost track of how many trips but some new ventures and new friends made. Geneva Ohio walleye trips went very well as predicted with several trophy class eyes at the taxidermist. 2015 schedule book has been started and filling some dates out into August already. So I would say the pic below says enough with smiling faces of young kids fishing like Matt that experienced his first trip to Erie this yr at his young age as I did the same when I was his age. Hes a great kid and cant wait to fish with them in June.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default cold water eyes

I have a walleye report but most boats are stored away. Huron 38-40 ft water just a few miles offshore stacked with walleye for several miles. The calm water today and yesterday has produced nice fish. They are moving back guys, heading for the staging areas for winter. I havent been out of the lake myself but a couple friends have braved the cold water. I have been out shooting tree rats and getting fresh air in my lungs. That action is tough during cold days but they are sneaky. lol.
    Having buried 2 immediate family members during 2014 , I am looking forward to 2015 with a fresh start and getting the boats wet in April.
    Possibly doing some ice fishing and etc on Erie this winter if/when it freezes over so stay tuned in for hard water fishing reports.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    I have a walleye report but most boats are stored away. Huron 38-40 ft water just a few miles offshore stacked with walleye for several miles. The calm water today and yesterday has produced nice fish. They are moving back guys, heading for the staging areas for winter. I havent been out of the lake myself but a couple friends have braved the cold water. I have been out shooting tree rats and getting fresh air in my lungs. That action is tough during cold days but they are sneaky. lol.
    Having buried 2 immediate family members during 2014 , I am looking forward to 2015 with a fresh start and getting the boats wet in April.
    Possibly doing some ice fishing and etc on Erie this winter if/when it freezes over so stay tuned in for hard water fishing reports.
    Sorry to hear of your loss and wish you all the best in the coming New Year.

For what it is worth (?) AccuWeather's long term forecast does not look promising for ice fishing this winter.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Ice

Wakina, I should run down to Paradise Ac and and meet you in the spring. Put a face with the name. Guy that runs our #3 boat camps there and we could jump on his golf cart and stop by in April.
    I am looking forward to ice fishing but if it doesnt freeze that means we get on the water in the spring faster. Rather fish from the boat and not the recliner and wishn.
    Until April !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Paradise

I am no longer camping, so I moved my boat just across the bridge to Beef Creek Marina, I am in slip 44. I would love to meet you and talk some fishing. I may even slip over to your Marina also as I would like to meet you.

It has been a tuff year for me also, nothing like yours though. The wife and I moved my 91yr. old mother in with us in the middle of August, she had been living independent but was starting to have some issues on her own. We never got back out fishing the rest of the year due to some health issues with my mother but have hopefully got those resolved for at least the near future. But when you are 91 things can turn sour quickly, so with that in mind I am looking forward to a better year in 2015.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip