recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Default July is fintastic

This late July fishing is just plain wild. Walleye are commiting suicide almost. Trolled crankbaits Friday in the shallow waters of the west end. Dipseys at 50ft on a #3 and 35-40ft on a #1 settings. Crankbaits are doing well and some guys are pulling jets with J7's. Color didnt matter on the stickbaits but the spoons behind dipseys where copper. Took 42 walleye Friday then the wind blew Saturday so we drifted for 30 in the high winds rain, took a wave over the side, ya thats alittle rough. Sunday was just too much for going to Canada to fish the rocks so I got a day of rest. Monday was another great day for crankbaits and dipseys, same area, about same setup and took another 30 for a family crew. Fishing is good by drifting or trolling right now. Canada fishing Tuesday was great with all big fish casting the deep water. Caught 30 walleye and a few perch. Average size walleye range up north was 22 to 27 inch with some guys getting a couple 30's. More walleye this week, hope to be in the same area in the west with the same setup. Get out their while the they are biting before it starts cooling off. I didnt pull jets this weekend but 40 TT at 40-45 and regular jets would be about 50-60. All these depths depend on your line on your reels.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default more fintastic

Great weekend again. Same results as last week. Same place same lures, same depth, same quality of fish. 2.2 knots or about 2.6 to 2.8 mph. Difference between Garmin set of knts and Lowrance on mph. Algea starting over the last week also. A couple mayflies seen over the weekend. The small minnows are everywhere and everywhere. Lots of white perch are hungry and only hooked a few sheephead of the weekend and a few handfuls of white bass. All walleye and some reports of some big ones holding in the deeper waters of the west end taken over the last couple days and they where caught suspended in the water column. That means up and feeding. Most walleye taken lately are the good eating size.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default open dates

I will share a few open days for perch fishing. Labor Day weekend is now open. Bass trip cancelled for that weekend so its all open. Saturday and Sunday trips for the fall only. August 17,18,31. The first weekend of Sept and a couple Sundays in Sept. October weekends are open. This is the only time I will post this. All gear, bait, ice is provided on every trip. Most trips will be out of Fenwick Marina. The later it gets in the season, I will have to run the trips from West Harbor area to fish the areas I have fished for over 35 yr. Call soon to get your best date. Call my cell# 419-890-2555
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 08-11-2013 at 11:34 PM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Saturday action

Boat 3 had 180 yellow perch today out in the west end north of the reefs. Boat #2 had 42 walleye off Geneva, huge cooler of walleye. Outstanding !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default outstanding August fishing

3 straight days of walleye limits. 2 boats limited Friday with boat limits of walleye. Saturday and Sunday boat limit of walleye and yellow perch. Walleye fished in the morning then caught nice perch the rest of the day. 2.0 mph, 40 jets 65-85 ft with spoons. Dipseys really did good all weekend. j7s at 42-48 on a #1 setting and j7s or a spoon on #3 setting 60-65ft. Spoon colors where wild colors, mix of purples, coppers, pinks and chartruse, etc. Plenty of weeds to keep ya busy. Perch wanted the rig lying on the bottom a few seconds and slow lift till ya feel a tap pull or bump, lot of doubles. Some trash fish out there but probably always will be. Take plenty of bait. Probably only 2 open days in Sept for perch call soon. 419-890-2555
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 08-27-2013 at 01:06 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

What days do you have open for perch fishing. Is it a walkon, and how much? Thanks for any info.

7th and 8th of Sept. 22nd and 29th Sept. are open. I have
    Sunday Oct. 6th is open. Bait, rods and gear provided. Fish cleaning services available nearby for extra fee. Clean 30 foot boat to enjoy the day.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default walleye crazy

Boat #2 has taken limits the last 2 days before noon. ( Wed. and Thurs. ) Trolling and drifting producing equally. Combo trips all weekend this week.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default casting bite

Near a limit drifting Saturday casting with a group's first time on Erie. First fish was 25 inches on a gold weapon, then nothing for awhile. Changed from 3/4 oz to 1/2 oz. , nothing, put a hot orange blade on, WHAM. Then WHAM again. Ok, they want orange today on an 18 count medium crank. Sunday drift bite was really good early moning then slowed up. Some trollers did well and some did ok. We did good with a family crew. Threw back several short eyes, with a 25 incher for the biggest. 40 jets 65 to 85ft. #1 setting on dipseys 40 to 55 and #3 settings 62 to 68ft. Spoons and J7s. Speeds from 1.8 to 2.6 and best was 2.4. Perch fishing was spotty and somewhat slow after the late night storm Friday night. Monday we didn't fish but was on the lake with the Tall Ships for the Battle of Lake Erie. 100's and 100's of boats out there today. As a Navy veteran, I got to see the Navy ways of 200 years ago.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default perch

Boat #3 took 5 man limit of perch the last 2 days. All nice fish, moderate action all day in 31 ft water north of the reefs. Boat 3 out Monday for more action on the perch.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]