recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action recent walleye action
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default slowly better

The bottom bouncer bite is going good. Fish are up off the bottom a few cranks. Colors are same as jig time colors. The casting bite is improving more and should be good this weekend and from now thru all summer if we have lite moderate winds. The fish are stacked all over and it seems that when they bite, they bite all over the lake. Last Saturday was true of this as the morning was slow then about noon is on and fairly fast. The spot I fished Thurs and Fri morning was banging and nets were flying. Probably start there Friday. I will probably be trolling Fri and Sunday, but will cast Saturday. Boat 2 had a cancellation for this weekend so if you have a group that wants to troll, visit the website and call Jeff or myself. The only other date I have open for myself in Sunday June 2nd. Call me for that one for a drift trip. Drifting should rule the game right now if you have a good crew. Late May and early June is always great drift fishing time. Looking at 10 mph wind all weekend from the easterly direction. Slight chance of rain with this also and warmer air than we have had.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Great weekend

Classic walleye fishing this week. Friday alittle lumpy, 3 to 6ft waves, holy moly. Long ride out, all big fish friday with a first big head for one guy, a 29 inch on a crawler 3 cranks up. Friday was a 2oz bouncer bonzi. but took walleye on 3oz and 4 oz bouncers all a few cranks up once the weight held bottom, give it 3 to 4 winds and set in in rod holder. They didnt hammer it, just held it then the wave set the hook. Saturday just as good for a family of cousins that just wanted to get out for a few hours for some fresh walleye to fry up that afternoon. All a nice grade of fish. Sunday was a real hammer day , trolled 27 ft of water on the outside of the reefs. Marked fish from top to bottom. Just get it down there and wam. 40 jets 25-60 depending on the line. I took them from 35-55 on jets and 35-46 on #1 dipsey. Color didnt matter. Stayed out of the crowd alittle bit and did what I wanted to do instead of getting boards tied up. It happened to a couple guys. Great crew didnt need much coaching on trolling and got a nice box of fish. Another 29.5 inch today and 2 near 27-28 inch. Fish taken in several places today for the guys I talked to. Nice weekend !
    Attached Images Attached Images recent walleye action-downsized_0519131140-jpg 
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default wind

Get your bottom bouncers out guys, 2s, 3s and 4 oz. Going to be blowy this weekend. 12 to 20 steady SSW with gusts 20-30 all 3 days. Drifting this week of course. Spinner bite is good as the water has warmed to above 65 and staying there. Was 66 last week. Good trolling last weekend as the calm winds slowed the cast bite so you have to speed it up. 2.0-2.2 last week with spoons 35-70 on the 40s. Dipseys with a crankbait ruled saturday from 35-42 ft on #1 and 50 on a 3. Ready for a drifting weekend, so get the worms on the hook.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Good weekend

Friday took a limit by 11:30, Saturday was a request for drift only with moderate results and Sunday was a request for drifting with good results. Slow drift Saturday but it held the reef location and slowly work the spot at about a hour per short drift. Friday was all Copper but Saturday and Sunday was Firetiger and Chartruse patterns with 1/2 to 3/4 oz. Some of the guys didnt feel the bite till I changed the blade and went from 3/4 oz down to 5/8 and wham, first cast.
    Attached Images Attached Images recent walleye action-downsized_0607131204a-jpg 
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default hot weekend

Fridays trip cancelled at last minute. They missed out. Was a good troll day. Saturday and Sunday was drift request. Limit Saturday and just a few short of limit Sunday but went in early because of heat and they had a long drive. Friday eve a few of us went out to a small reef out by the deep water and took a dozen in a few hours casting. Reef fish were all nice size and it was a good bite catching on the swing just off the bottom. Trollers did good Saturday all day but sounded like Sunday was alittle slower for some ppl. 65ft of the reg. 40 jet was the better lead all weekend. I marked fish at 10-14 ft and 24-26 ft steady all Sat n Sun. Gold prevailed for casting, with a mix of bead colors of red, gold, green and 3/4 oz.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default last friday in June

Had a last minute call for a charter on Friday. Trolled all day till the dark sky over Detroit chased us off the lake. 40 jets 60-80 ft. spoons didnt matter the color but coppers are better. Had 3 young kids on the boat for their first Erie walleye trip. The loved reeling in fish all day. Little troopers helped put 30 walleye in the cooler. Then an interesting ride to the dock. Dark sky and rain chased me all the way to the dock, then 100yds from the harbor entrance the weather broke loose. Turned around and went out a quarter mile nose to the wind for 15-20 minutes to wait for a better shot. Rained so hard when docking got totally drenched tying up the boat. Overall nice morning fishing. Next open date I have for boat #1 is Sunday August 4th and a few other dates open on boat#3. A couple Geneva Ohio dates open on boat #2 in July and August for walleye trolling. Call for further info on walleye trips and fall yellow perch fishing.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default rainy weekend

Rained, and rained. I was on vacation so I didnt fish all week. Here are a few reports from around the area. Boat #3 trolled Saturday with a new group, didnt get a limit but had a respectable box of walleye after a slow week. Geneva Ohio fish are filling the coolers as the boat was just moved east last week. Yellow Perch bite was great the last few days. My neighbors in camp took a limit of nice perch Saturday morning in 2 hours, and also Sunday (today) morning in about 2 hours. 7:30 to 9:30 am both days for 150 perch each morning. Classic method of drop to bottom, let it sit 5-10 seconds then a slow lift till ya feel the weight and wham. 28-30ft of water. 8 to 10 inch size with a few 11s. This is all western basin, west of the islands and north of the reefs. Sounds like method more than location was the ticket. Vacation is over and the rain continues. Back at it next Friday, Sat. , and Sunday. A couple days open in July for boat #3. Call me for fall perch fishing dates.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default plenty of wind

Drifting and Casting like the old days. Guys from as far as Oklahoma came to fish for walleye for the first time. 2 days of fun and great weather. July is a great month drifting and feel the chomp. The fish where mostly lying very low with bellies on or near the mud. Got a few up higher but long cast and keep it tight as it comes around the drift (swing) as the rig nears the bottom they hit it or if you drag bottom, just reel a few fast cranks to pull off the mud and wham or they follow it for 10-15 seconds some of them. Several hit short 2 or 3 times till they took the hook. Many popped off the hook in the net. Great Corporate trip for these guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images recent walleye action-downsized_0712131527-jpg recent walleye action-downsized_0713131530-jpg 
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default hot action

More great July fishing. Drifting was good , trolling was good. Limits and very near limits in the heat , but the wind helped keep the bite going. The weekends coolers all nice fish 15.5 to 24 inches in the west end and big boxes of fish for our Geneva trips. Fish holding near bottom most of the weekend in 27-31 foot. Mike on Reel Sport was near me most of the weekend. Some of the best drift fishing of the year is in July. Saturday was great fishing after the storm went thru as we waited a couple hours for a safe sky after all the lightning. They like the windy early mornings to feed. Drifters and trollers catch rate about even. Boat #3 took a limit Saturday with 5 guys from Indiana that never fished before. They casted for about 20 eyes, then finished with 36 after trolling for a few hours. Boat #2 took Geneva limit Sunday in 6-8ft swells way offshore, just rode the waves home. Back at it this weekend Friday thru Tuesday for my yearly July walleye fest in Ohio and Canada waters. Water is warming up and the weather has not affected the bite much. This bite should continue like last summer. Lots of small minnows out there, huge schools everywhere I looked. Even friday as we pulled in walleye after walleye, the minnows on top of the water where jumping out of the water all around the fish being reeled in. Like little flying fish. Picked up several nice yellow perch Sunday also while taking walleye while drifting. DNR boats on the water checking and counting fish while on the lake. A buddy got checked and they counted his cooler just as he was headed in, 14 miles offshore.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Geneva Ohio trolling trip

Geneva a couple days ago on boat #2. Enough said.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]