walk on or regular charter walk on or regular charter walk on or regular charter walk on or regular charter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Boat #2 took limits jigging the last 2 days (Tues n Wed) right out front of our marina. Blacks and Purples for jig colors with a minnow. Great rod in hand fishing to feel that bite !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Crushed the walleye jigging this weekend again. Fairly easy limits since the weather has been so stable. Yesterday started a change with this NE wind so we will see what happens from this. There are alot of walleye out there to catch.
    I have a request for a jigging walk on trip. Date for walk on is Friday May 1st morning or afternoon.
    Call me to get your name on the list and what day you prefer. Charter fee total is $600. Morning trips are @ 8 hour or limit. If you want the evening trip, lv dock @ 3pm. I would run the evening trip 3-8 pm for $550.
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 04-24-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

This friday morning ( May 1st ) is open, jigging charter. Weather looks great for the 1st of May.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Open dates for groups. May 15th and May 17th. Saturday May 23rd open for drift n cast. If you only have 3 or 4 people, call me and we can work something out. Rate is $600 to lv the dock by 6am. This friday afternoon could be a 2 or 3pm dock time for those who want to blow a friday off work. The afternoon eve bite had been decent up until a week ago and the dark moon phase is soon. Walleye were biting over the past weekend but was a tough bite and most coolers were not full. Normal for post spawn to be this way for 7-10 days. Prime walleye fishing time coming over the next month which is by far my favorite time to be on Erie ( mid May to early June ) to drift and cast for walleye. The jig season has been fantastic this year with many limits, some fast days and some moderate days. Probably my best jig season ever and I just hope the mild spring doesnt make for a low count on the walleye hatch for 2015. walk on or regular charter-downsize-8-jpg This picture is 20 years ago this week. 24 walleye limit drifting with 17 over 27 inches and 5 Fish O's off Cranberry Creek. This prime time for rod in hand drift fishing.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Ok, who wants the one remaining Saturday in April for a jigging trip ? April 9th
    Sundays April 10th and 24th open for jigging. Fridays of April 22 and April 29th open dates for jigging. These are based on morning 8 hour trips.
    Evening trips are available. Weekdays are available on the other boats as I can only run the weekend time frame.
    All gear privided if needed, we use name brand equipment and have plenty of hot jig colors in the box.
    Going out of Fenwick Marina for all the close walleye spawn action !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Now after another fantastic weekend of jigging the reefs and just off the reefs, two remaining morning dates left to get in on the jigging. Friday April 29th and Sunday May 8th are open for a morning 8 hour trip. This past weekend was really good. Friday just short of a limit by 4 fish, but was the best number of any boat jigging. Saturday was average with all boats at alittle over half the limit and Sunday was a BONZI with 18 in box by 8 am and then finished a limit for a 2 boat trip by lunch time. A couple dandy smallmouth Saturday on one of the reefs for a picture and release. Afternoon jigging trips are available Thursday's, Friday's and Saturdays thru May 7th. Afternoon trips leave the dock at 3 and fish till sunset. The very early morning can be a fast bite on the nice days. NE winds and cool days have been a slow bite, but they will still bite. Just have to figure out how they want the jig presented and try different ways of hooking the minnow. I have a couple prime dates for late May left and boat 2 has the second weekend of June open for trolling after a cancellation. All weekend pics are on my phone yet, will post at a later date.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

June 26th ( Sunday ) open for a summer trolling trip. Saturday the 18th is open also. Any weekend afternoon/eve trips available. Trolling bite is going really good the last 2 weeks and should continue. Water clearity is now mostly clear. Water temp increased alot in the last 10 days. With surface temps at 68 up @ 10 degrees n a week. Walleye are taking spoons, cranks, worms. Small 7-14.5 inch walleye are biting good but you will need to sort thru the small ones for a few bigger ones. Look for small pockets of bigger fish and run cranks to get away from the small ones. Spoons are taking all the breeds of fish so if you like action and all sorts of fish , try spoons. I have been running a mix of spoons and cranks while trolling. Not much casting yet as now we have now wind which is complete opposite of a month ago. Morning 8 hour charters run $600 and the eve trips I run for 550. Afternoon/ eve trips run 3-9 pm, at the dock by dark.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]