walk on or regular charter walk on or regular charter walk on or regular charter walk on or regular charter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default dates

Here are a couple dates open on my boat over the summer up until August.
    Sunday June 1st and Sunday July 13th. The last Sunday of July is open also. These are morning trips for casting weapons or trolling. These weekends have drift trips scheduled the previous days before them also. These are dates for my boat but other days are open on the other 2 boats. All gear provided for drifting and trolling. One boat will again be in Geneva Ohio for July and August summertime trolling the central basin for big walleye.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default 2 dates

Sunday June 29th ( this Sunday ) is open for a troll or drift trip.Want to leave the dock by 6 am. Its been good all month. Sunday July 27th next open date.
    All gear provided, just bring your lunch/drink and a bigger cooler once we get in.
    $600 for up to 6 ppl.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Sundays

Sunday August 3rd open for a crankbait trolling day. Working the reefs and near shore for summer walleye.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default sometimes

Sometimes the sun shines, sometimes it rains and then the sun shines again. So what does the walleye say. Nope, not that interested but maybe try a smaller bait.
    Friday I said "No work" and went way north to fish Ontario waters of Erie.
    Thinking we wont see hardly a sole. Not that day. Fishing the shallows we did catch some nice eyes, workn the shallow shelf breaks and taking a few and losing a few. Then it slowed down because somebody kept running and driving thru the shallows and the fish spooked. Made a big move which seemed like a good idea and we had it by ourself. Nope, a blank there so went back to spooked spot and got a few more. Then it rained Saturday and did a crap shoot Sat morning, rained, foggy, rained again. Just made for a tough day. Now on Sunday I guess the stars got realigned , made the right move and let the crew handle the deck and filled the cooler. I gave up on the crankbaits this week and back to spoons. Bammm. Dipseys on #3 setting at 38 finally took off. Spoons on dipseys. #1 setting has not produced much yet. Jets 40s, 60-80 ft.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default fall / late summer

Yellow perch are snapping and some eyes being taken west of the islands.
    Late August through Oct perch and walleye trips. Walleye being taken trolling and drifting near the islands and out in the flats on the right days. Perch are really turning on in the deep flats and offshore humps.
    Call for open dates and info. Boat #1 and #3 are in Fenwick near Oak Harbor Boat #2 is in Geneva OH taking big pig size walleye in the deep until early Sept. Call for info on either location and dates.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Default Sunday the 14th

Get the phone ringing.
    Sunday the 14th open for yellow perch.
    Lv the dock about 7 am
    All gear provided if needed.
    Its Time, perch have been biting good for a month.
    Leaves are starting to turn colors so that means PERCH
    Perch trips for $ 540, up to 6 ppl
    Last edited by gregnwtf; 09-07-2014 at 10:42 PM.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Ice fishing galore lately for walleye, lots of pigs again this year. Reports coming from the area between Niagara to Green to Catawba and back to F can. Then north of Crane Creek in the deeper waters from A can and west. Surely staging for the spawn. I am ready for soft water action in April. So with that, I have a couple weekdays open during mid month. April 16 , 17 and 24th are open for jigging the reefs and shallows. Contact me for weekend possibilities during early spring and summer. All gear provided all season and live shiners and or crawlers. Lets see some sunshine and melt that white stuff ! walk on or regular charter-0422121143a-jpg
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Friday May 1st is open, morning or evening trip. First day of the limit change up to 6 walleye. Only day open that weekend for a morning trip is Friday. A couple April spawn jigging dates open yet also. Must call for further info. Ice out trips can be some fast fishing. walk on or regular charter-10-2014-jpg Pic is early May 2014 and near calm lake. skipper9 Jim called me and slid in beside me for awhile that weekend. No reason to troll I said. The Saturday of Memorial Day weekend is open for a great time to drift n cast during one of the season peak times. Time to cure that "Cabin Fever" !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Season is getting underway this weekend. Charters Friday Sat and Sunday. Report to follow on Monday.
    Will be jigging the nearshore and reefs. Die hard jig fisherman this weekend !
    Fished for a short bit last week or Friday but windy and rain kept bite slow. The bite got alot better over the weekend with a buddy getting a nice limit of pigs while jigging the reefs on Monday. Purples and Blacks with some green jig colors best tipped with minnow. Short slow lift drop with cold water. Saturday and Sunday should be very good this week.
    Friday looking to be WSW winds about 25 mph with gusts to 40 possible so watch water levels in the channels could drop some. NOAA says 2 to 3 feet near shore waves but I would say more in the morning like 3 to 4s till it lets up.
    Fridays have some open spots for jig season and next week Thursday n Friday is open for me. Morning or late afternoon trips, you pick. Friday May 1st is open for the first day of walleye bag limit change. All gear provided. Fee is $600 for morning 8 hour. Call for evening price or short trip charters.
    Jig season this year should go into mid May again like last year with the late winter ice. Ice is still covering areas off PA and New York and easter basin of Ohio yet. Like a cool glass of ice water in the table.
    The pig walleye just lying there waiting for their right time and temp to move up and the males are all over starting their thing. Should see some eyes boiling on the surface the next couple weekends, maybe get a couple free ones that run into the net while scooping hooked ones. Time to FISH !
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Here is what we are doing. Limits by jigging nearshore waters around the reefs 10 to 24 ft. Purple jigs with minnow.walk on or regular charter-april-12-2015-jpgwalk on or regular charter-april-11-2015-jpg
    Should be this good for the next few weeks to be similar to this on good weather days. Lots of females in the shallows also, the chance to catch a pig yourself with a rod in your hand is very good.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]