Erie Ice Erie Ice Erie Ice Erie Ice

Thread: Erie Ice

Wink Erie Ice

Gentlemen, Get your equipment ready. It looks like it is going to happen, but in a very tight window this year. The last weather front did not do allot of damage other than leaving too much snow on the ice which does not help our cause. Take a moment on this web pages home page and click on "current lake conditions". Then Click on NOAA Great Lakes Web Cams. Then Click on Toledo Light #2. Then Click on nearby web cams courtesy of lake vision. You will have a new web page & click on (upper left) Camera, Map, Weather. Click on Put in Bay. On this page at bottom (below photo) you will see weather forecast click on it. WOOOOOO HOOOOO--- I hope. No significant winds and below freezing for a steady week. Even when the wind picks a smidge 10-15mph, it's out the West or South or Northwest. It should not cause serious problems. If your coming from the east contact Rickards Bait or Herbs bait in Pt Clinton for the report and minnow avails, west or south you can get bait in Oak Harbor on State Rt 19 @ Northwoods (Rt. 19 is just east of Crane Creek apprx 2 mi) go south about 5 mi. They do not provide reports, but they have bait and the scenary may be the cutest in the industry. This could be it. If for only a week or two. It dont get no better if ya want a shot at hog daddy eyes.

I think we need to take a moment and truly thank walleye.com for making this information available and it's ease of use. It's a great tool and full of info from other fisherman to grow on.

C Ya on the Hard Water and check your drag

thunder812 Guest

Do you think there is enough to take fourwheelers out? Or is there some shorter walking distance? I'm coming from Indiana, so kinda want to know before I get there! Thanks and this is a great site!

Erieboy75 Guest

Exclamation beware

I appreciate the optimism, but take a look at this satellite photo from today:
    http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/mod...e.143.250m.jpg
    I'd be VERY cautious, even a week from now, based on those huge gaps along shore in the western basin. I hope you're right & we can get out, but it's almost to the point where I'm pulling for warm weather so we can fish from a boat in mid-March. Time will tell!
    ErieBoy75

Smile We'll know more Tuesday

We are expecting some wind Monday. After that? I will be walking the first trip for sure. Either Crane Creek or Camp Perry. Pray it dont blow. We'll be out in Mid March anyway on our boats. I am driving over and doing a look this weekend. I live in Toledo so its no big deal to take the binoculars and talk with some folks.