Vermilion Walleye Vermilion Walleye Vermilion Walleye Vermilion Walleye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Vermilion Walleye

Have been hammering them pretty good this year jigging since end of March. Out of 7 trips we have limited 5. Started throwing harnesses last week and only nailed 1. We got tired of the junk fish and wen perching.

I will be out in the morning strictly after eye's, fishing Sherod and Ruggles- will post results Monday.

Only nailed 2- would have trolled because of lack of wind but have not put the trolling equipment in the boat yet- will be there this weekend.

Guy next to me at the dock nailed 10. Will be out next weekend- hopefully with a better report

Default Good Luck

Its good to see your reports. Hope you find them out there! I am waiting for them to show up closer to cleveland as I live east.

Been doing on trolling between beaver and vermilion primarily off the condos. Seem to be a little deeper as I was picking them up in 40' to 42' fow anything blue or purple. Also picked up a few on monkey puke stingerse

Got 2 again on the cast Sunday- both were 28". Fished in close may goto Sandbar next trip. The area in close is usual pretty good this time of the year however I feel that we are 1 month ahead of schedule because of the warm spring- will provide update next week.

We were doing good between beaver and vermillion in 28' to 33' feet until last week. I went deeper to 40-43ft and got a few on sat but rumor is that there on the south east side of the sandbar. Im going out friday and going to the gps 34/13 area and ill let you know how it goes.

Default Vermillion Sandbar

I am new to the area but curious on how far under water the sandbar is? Is it marked with bouys? I wasnt sure if it would ground a boat going over it or if the top of the sandbar is deep enough you can go over the top of it.

Thanks

Default Lorain Sandbar

The sandbar is in 36 feet of water on the south end and goes down to around 50ft on the north end. The sandbar is huge so you can check all the areas and see if there are fish in a certain spot but there are places that produce better than others. The sandbar goes all the way up to the Canadian border so you'll need a bigger boat or flat water if you plan on going up that far. No 17' aluminum boats please if you know what I mean. I've had very good luck every year on the sandbar and you can put in at Vermilion or Lorain and get there regularly quick. Just beware of the winds. Hope this helps.

Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by fishinislife2003 View Post
    The sandbar is in 36 feet of water on the south end and goes down to around 50ft on the north end. The sandbar is huge so you can check all the areas and see if there are fish in a certain spot but there are places that produce better than others. The sandbar goes all the way up to the Canadian border so you'll need a bigger boat or flat water if you plan on going up that far. No 17' aluminum boats please if you know what I mean. I've had very good luck every year on the sandbar and you can put in at Vermilion or Lorain and get there regularly quick. Just beware of the winds. Hope this helps.

Daryl
    Thanks for the information. I am guessing this sand bar is not that wide and you are able to get over the top of it correct? Ive seen it on contour map by Freebie and it looks like there is deep water outisde and insdie it so I assume the top is under water a ways?

Quote Originally Posted by Catch Me View Post
    Thanks for the information. I am guessing this sand bar is not that wide and you are able to get over the top of it correct? Ive seen it on contour map by Freebie and it looks like there is deep water outisde and insdie it so I assume the top is under water a ways?
    The shallowest this Sandbar is is about 36 feet. No problems.