okuma reels breaking okuma reels breaking okuma reels breaking okuma reels breaking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default okuma reels breaking

so far this year i have had the end off the spools break on 4 of my magda pro line counter reels 3 ma15dk and one ma20dx emailed okuma when the first 2 broke all they had to say is that they have not seen this problem since then 2 more broke has anyone else had this problem thanks todd

Default Okumas

Todd, what ashame. This problem must be new, I have six that are starting a 8 th. season and another on thier 6th. season, although I have the 20's I don't think there could be much difference on spools. What or if is Okuma going to do
    about it? I did have a few issues with rods but as long as I complied with thier request about broken parts sent to them they always covered them.

Gene

going to send them another email today be interesting to see what they say

i have heard that okuma is good about taking care of there custormers. keep us posted. i have some of the convectors in the 20 line counter reels, have not had any problems yet. good luck.
    sherman

Yep!!! I had the same thing happen on 3 of my ma20dx and was told the same thing.

they finally got back to me all they offerd was to repair the reels for 10 dollars plus parts and shipping i figured that would still cost about 30 each to repair can buy new for a few bucks more what can you do will just buy something else to replace

Quote Originally Posted by BtweenShots View Post
    Todd, what ashame. This problem must be new, I have six that are starting a 8 th. season and another on thier 6th. season, although I have the 20's I don't think there could be much difference on spools. What or if is Okuma going to do
    about it? I did have a few issues with rods but as long as I complied with thier request about broken parts sent to them they always covered them.

Gene

Hope to get it back next week and get back up there asap.

I had 6 a few years back. 5 completely locked up. I've had a few different brands over the years and all the brands had issues. So now have the sealines.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Call tuna toms reel repair in ludington michigan.
    http://stores.tunasreeltroubles.com/StoreFront.bok
    Spool assembly is 6.99 each for the 15s
    http://stores.tunasreeltroubles.com/...BLY/Detail.bok

Takes about 5 minutes to replace it. Take off the side cover without the reel handle slide out the old one slide the new one in put the cover back on and fill with line.

i wouldnt waste my money on the magda reels. i would invest in the convectors if i wanted okuma. another good reel for the price is the daiwa accudepth plus. but if you can swing the money i would go with the daiwa sealines. i have some of all three of these. and am getting great service from all three. i have the sealine sg17lca and the accudepth plus adp17lc and the convectors i have the cv20d reels. these are all small reels but they are big enough for what i use them for.

i use the daiwas for my lite bite slide divers. the sg17lca reels on one side of the boat and the adp17lc reels on the other side of the boat. one is black and one is silver, this way i dont get the wrong diver on the wrong side of the boat. then i got a good price on a set of the okuma cv20d reels so i bought them to use with my planer boards. but i havent ever got around to using my planer boards so i have just used them at home on my local lake. and have used a couple of them when i lost to much line off my diver reels from tangles. i keep a couple of the okumas spooled up and ready to go if i need them for my divers.

the accudepth plus reels seem to work just as good as the sealines for me, but the sealines are supposed to be a better longer lasting reel. only time will tell. you should be able to find the convectors and the accudepth plus reels for about the same price. then the sealines are alittle higher. but it is best if you can get all the same reels or atleast the same size.

you can sometimes get some good prices on all these reels by watching ebay. i bought all my reels off ebay. and got them for alot less than they would have costed someplace elce. but you have to really watch for good buys.

now if money is no problem i have heard the tekota reels are the ones you really want to get. but my budjet wouldnt allow me to buy them.
    sherman
    Last edited by sherman51; 01-25-2013 at 12:13 PM.