boat docking boat docking boat docking boat docking

Thread: boat docking

Default boat docking

Ive been thinking about docking my 16ft. lund somewhere in the western basin for the summer. I live in Knox county and saturdays gas bill was about 125$. I know that isnt much compared to what some of you guys spend,but for me its alot. How much do you think it would cost on average and do any of you have suggestions on where i should go?

Default docking

where to go is up to you but i have docked at fenwick, anchors away, and channel grove. i try to follow the walleyes, there all good places. to dock a boat for the season its about 800-1000 dollars without electric. if you pay transient or by the month or week you will get screwed on the price. its either better to find a place to store it and just put it in when you get there or pay for the year price. i usually nogotiate a price for a half season around june, july on catawba or a little west. call around some places sometimes they will give you the dock no one wants but at a good price. check the different sites on the net most have there prices on there.believe me some will negotiate.

Chillin

If you do end up getting a dock, I would recommend you get a floating dock. The water in the western basin tends to rise and fall with the wind direction. It gets extreme in the fall, A strong S.W. blow it will drop 5 feet. Sounds like you live a couple hours away and it would not be convenient to check your lines, with a floater one less thing to worry about
    I believe the floaters at Meinke's are approx. $525

Floating docks at beef creek marina in oak harbor are 500 a season. Short ride to the fish. Owners are very nice. Other dockers are nice. Has fish cleaning area that's clean and don't smell. Freezer for fish guts. And never had any trouble there. It's at the end of a dead end road so not much traffic. Camping area 2 minutes away. And best yet is owners pay attention to who is there, checks people out they don't recognize. And checks everybodys boats several times a day