new triple tree rod holders new triple tree rod holders new triple tree rod holders new triple tree rod holders

Default new triple tree rod holders

well now I have shown it to 2 different rod holder manufactures. still no reply from them. I guess I'll make a set for myself.
    my idea: like other tripletree's you'd have the main upright, BUT the 3 or 4 rod holder sections would stay inside the boat edge. no need to remove the tree from the boat as they don't stick out past the boat gunnels. no more reaching waaay over the side of the boat. could adjust the tubes a bit if you didn't want the rod handles sticking to far into the boat. I made a small example. I notched the main tube and welded in the rod holder which really only needs to be 4 to 5 inch long. no way for a rod to come out of the holder while trolling. much easier to get the rod out of the holders running dipsy's. also if someone doesn't get the rod all the way into the holder lilke other tree's, the rod will slide down in on the next wave surge. add caps on the ends. anyways, here's a basic drawing with my small example.

Default rod holder

I was thinking of a similar design,i wanted to be able to put a rod in the top of the tree ,completely verticle so as to keep planer board line out of the water.Do you know where to get the plastic rubbery end caps?

I have been thinking of a similar design,do you know where to get the plastic tips that protect the rods?

most of the rod manufactures sell the caps as folks loose them. You could probably pick them up at fishermans warf.

... Well I guess Scotty figured the same thing. Sweet!
    http://www.walleyetacklestore.com/34367.html