Reef runner chart Reef runner chart Reef runner chart Reef runner chart
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Reef runner chart

Anyone know where there is a published chart describing lure depth relative to speed and distance. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Anyone know where there is a published chart describing lure depth relative to speed and distance. Thanks
    I believe this would be with 100ft of line out at 2 mph. Precision Trolling has one in it but I don't know which edition.

http://www.reefrunner.com/html/tips_charts.html also

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/fo...d.php?t=189657
    Last edited by wakina; 02-08-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

This would vary depending on how many feet back you put your lure and your speed. Precision trolling has the dive curve for reef runners using 10 lb mono and 30 lb braid at 2 mph. The chart from MI. Sportsmen is just a little taste of the full curve in Precision trolling.

Precision Trolling is a great book to have.... but there are so many veriables that change that data. how accurate are your line counters. dia. of line. are you trolling with, against, across the many currents out on erie. how in tune you have your RR's. typically they will spin out above 1.8 mph if not tuned properly/correctly. braid will be different than mono as it cuts thru the water easier so not as much "bow" in the line. but if you start with the Precision Trolling book info, at least you have a better idea where you might be. and as I have lost a few Precision Trolling books to water turning the pages into pulp. this is how I keep mine. just make a spreadsheet in excel, print them out and tape them inside the cover each box. you don't need every 10 foot of line out as it's usually only 1 ft deeper. example:

Default reef runner

Get the Precision Trolling book it is only 30 dollars and is invaluble on the water. I looked all over the internet for a copied version for free but couldnt find one. also buy the trollers bible its a great book also if your going to use jets or dipseys.

Thanks guys, but I could not seem to find one for sale anywhere (OK, I found 1 for $85 on eBay). Other than that, nothing.. Seems like it's discontinued or something.. Places say they have them, but it comes up empty in the end. Thanks for your effort, I am a beginner in the trolling biz and want to be well prepared for the season.

DoubleD

Yes, they are out of production and the prices are sky rocketing on the one's you can find.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Thanks guys, but I could not seem to find one for sale anywhere (OK, I found 1 for $85 on eBay). Other than that, nothing.. Seems like it's discontinued or something.. Places say they have them, but it comes up empty in the end. Thanks for your effort, I am a beginner in the trolling biz and want to be well prepared for the season.

DoubleD
    DoubleD. If you pm me what you are looking for I could make some copies of mine, starting apr 15 I will be up every weekend. I dock out of wild wings.

I found a place that had 2 of the precision trolling books remaining for $50 each. It is the one with the caribbeaner clip and waterproof pages. I bought them both so if anyone out there wants the other one, I will sell it to you for what I paid for it plus the shipping. I am not looking to make any money on it. Just send me a PM and we can discuss. Thanks to those of you that replied with assistance.
    DoubleD

Default Book

I got one...anybody wants..pm i ll give my phone num. U can call i ll look any thing u want up...i am at t c and if u r there ...u can look at it there russ