inaccurate marine weather reports inaccurate marine weather reports inaccurate marine weather reports inaccurate marine weather reports

Question inaccurate marine weather reports

We've been stung a couple of times this summer by inaccurate marine weather reports. One foot waves reported, three/four foot waves actual. Got to the launch mid morning a week or so back and didn't even bother putting the boat in after talking with guys who had already packed it in for the day.

I've been using:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...x=62&map.y=176

and

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marin...1&siteID=07503

Any better info out there?

Not sure what one I use but one is thru attheoak.com and the other is thru sandersfishi guides.com. I have found with erie always add like a foot or 2I to the forecast especially on our east end ha ha she is a bumpy little ladie ha ha

I use this page for the marine forcast : http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/lmm.html. Click on the section of Lake Erie you want to fish. sometimes this isn't super acuate. but what i did find on this, is after you click on the section, look to lower right side of the page and they have they the bouy information. The first one is for Port Colbourne. Look at the actual wave height for it. Thats usually a good gauge.

Thanks, Brador7. I'll check it out, probably Saturday.

I usually listen to the marine radio and then check the weather bouy on the Canadian side by Port Coulburn for the wave height and wind. Go to wether bouys and click around until you zoom into what you want. You will find Buffalo, Dunkirk etc. Sturgeon Pt. is also listed but it does not give much info.

Default Port Colborne weather buoy

The height recorded by the buoy is average over an hour therefore the maximum will always be much larger. I have also gotten into the habit of calling Sturgeon Point marina or Dunkirk marina for an actual eyeball report. Dunkirk guys are not there early in the morning, but Sturgeon in manned 24/7.