'B' Can Perch 'B' Can Perch 'B' Can Perch 'B' Can Perch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'B' Can Perch

Default salted minnows

I have used salted minnows for years with great success. Here is a good recipe. I add a little garlic. Follow the directions closely. http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/ti...ed_minnows.htm

Wayne is right.. Perch are curius any kind of noise they come swiming.. Plus I believe they have learned that when a boat motor starts the fisherman throw their minnows overboard and they get an easy meal of tired stressed out minnows. Another trick is not to bring your first fish up right away make the fish swim around on the bottom and stir some silt up witch will bring other perch to see what all the action is. I fish two rods and keep a fish hooked up all the time in between my crew to keep the action going. I rotate the fish on the poles so they dont get to tired down their

Thanks for the article on salting...pretty interesting. Good tip Skipper, we'
    ve been keeping a perch on like that for years when we ice fish. It works great if the fishing is on the slow side or if everybody has their line up at the same time. A flashy jigging spoon jigged a few times will sometimes bring them screaming back in.
    Last edited by walleye2go; 07-08-2011 at 06:38 AM.

I can't remember what they call it but there is a contraption that some guys use to pound the bottom with while perch fishing. It stirrs up the bottom and is said to attract the perch. I think it's like a small piece of pipe over a rope that is lowered like an anchor and then worked up and down to stirr up the mud on the bottom. I'll try and find info.

Default Sunday trip

Heading out of Lakefront Sunday for Walleye. Bringing crew of 6 up from WV. Hoping to score on drifting. Captain has trolling gear but we'ld rather cast and drift. Anyone got any suggestions? Would appreciate any comments.

Let the captain troll and find an active pod of fish and pull the gear and work that small area over drifting and casting. Its alot of work but is the most productive way to fish this time of year. You can cover plenty of water find your fish and have a better chance of catching some while casting.. Good Luck

Yes, you can tie a brick to a rope and drop it down to stir up the silt I know guys that would put red flags on the rope like the ones at a car dealer red is suppose to atract them. My father when he was still alive would take an onion bag with a five pound weight in it and put 5 cans of canned cat food with holes punched in the cans and drop it down to the bottom and every once in awhile shake it and the oily cat food would attract the perch. I remember being the only boat in a the pack catching fish.. Good memories.. Good Luck the walleye fishing has been to darn good to even think about perch fishing yet. I am loving this nice big fish this year.. I may take some minnows out in the morning. I have a short crew so after we get our limit of eye. Maybe we can get a limit of perch.. That would be nice...

Talking perch at b can

Got our limit again today half mile northeast of can. Nice fish but slow bite today for us