how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 411 of 465 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4646

Was out of Dunkirk today, lake was pretty rough. Got one 18" eater, 75 ft on orange jointed rapala. Gave up as was to rough for me.

fished st pt yesterday 63 to 68 ft riggers bottom bouncer and dipsy divers # 3 setting 180 back how is fishing in buffalo-13995535_10209268486141718_8247643785005241864_o-jpg

Fished out of Dunkirk today. A little east of Purina from 65 ft to 90 ft. We got 5 walleye, not very big, one throwback, 3 sheep head, 2 perch, 1 channel cat, 1 white perch. It was choppy. Had several releases and the worm was hit. But many misses. ?????
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Went west out of SP yesterday. Got 8 Walleye, several monster sheep head, a few white perch, several silver bass - a few were really large ( did anyone ever try them ? ) There were a bunch of boats out there. My partner calls them white perch but I think that they might be big shad or something like that. ???? In the spring I see many dead along the shore line. ??? I think Fishkiller and myself had conversation about this before??? Maybe he knows? Or how about Bailey? We haven't heard from him in a while.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

The white bass taste like a bass. the white perch are suppose to taste pretty close to the yellow perch. the hard part is telling the diff. between the two for me. Bailey is working all the time but full of info!

Here's a good link with side by side pictures. I've never tried the teeth on tongue way, that sounds like the best. Usually when I catch them, when you get a bass, you know. It's the perch that you catch when you scratch your head. I remember eating the white perch, but seem to remember something about them being a little tougher to clean, or less meat, something like that compared to yellow perch.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showt...vs-White-Perch
    Last edited by RedPearl; 08-28-2016 at 11:05 AM.

By the way, was out on erie yesterday catching smallmouth with live crayfish outside of buffalo harbor hitting a shoal area. Caught some and lost some a good day. We also saw the rubber duck, took a run out of the north gap and could see it from the lake. Thought about going up the canal/river, but there were so many boats, canoes and kayaks going up it to check out the duck that I thought we might get stuck in there for an hour just trying to not collide with another boater, no thanks! Small boat harbor parking was packed, we were in overflow fenced in lot but they had tons of help shuttling people back and forth, did a nice job considering how many boats were out.

Fished West of SP Saturday morning, 4 walleye, and 1 perch. Lost another lead core line because of a foul hooked sheapshead, spinning retrieve knotted it up. Two on Renosky Crystalinas and two on copper harnesses, 70' East wind was a hassel.
    how is fishing in buffalo-20160827_111059-jpg

I may be working but I keep in the loop of what's up on the lake. This late summer bite has sounded pretty great if you figure the bite out . There are a few easy differences between silver bass and white perch .the silver bass will get larger for one but if small still tricky but easy to tell the difference. The silver bass looks kinda more like a striper in in the markings where white perch is more silver. The easiest noticeable difference is in the dorsal fins silver bass have a separation between spiney high frontal and lower rear where the white perch is a solid dorsal. You can also look in the mouth silvers have a rough patch on the tounge and whites are smooth tongued . They confused me for yrs so I looked it up to figure it out myself yrs back. Neat fact about white perch is in Maine they love em for the table and toss the yellows on the ice or shore for eagle food as they say. Stay safe enjoy the late season bite while it's hot. I should be out over holiday weekend and hopefully a trip or two after . The kings should stack soon and I'll share how I do on those . I hope to get a couple after work trips in on those. I just noticed Thursday and Friday marine forecast for the big lake O is calling for up to 4 footers and north winds , it could mske for an interesting weekend inshore fishing . Gotta wait snd see and watch the water temps . If they drop kings will show.
    Last edited by bailey; 08-28-2016 at 09:08 PM.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .

I kept two silver bass this past spring, water temp mid 50° mark. I was pleasantly surprised eating them. I filleted them and a must would be to remove all the red meat. I pan fried and they were as mild as a crappie.