we needs some help we needs some help we needs some help we needs some help

Default we needs some help

All

We spent the weekend on lake Erie and got to watch the boats around us bring in walleye while we drifted by them.. As much fun as that sounds (NOT!) the wife and i have learned that if we purchase a drift sock we could slow down and let others watch us catchem as well!! My question is.... How long of a rope do i use for this?? Do i have to buy a special line? We dock at Meinke Marina and fish the western basin and are trying to learn anything we can to put fish in the boat! Any of you captains that may have any info to help me learn would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! I need to put the wife on some Walleye before she starts looking for a new captain!! lol.

Do you know how hard it is to convince the Mrs. that Sheepshead taste just like Walleye?

Mr. K

Default Rick

we have used two drift bags from cabels for years, I learned from an old charter capt. to tie one on each side of boat and drag the bags beside boat.
    They have a 10' of 5/8 " line and run right beside me as I troll, I have to run the engine at 1000 to 1200 r.p.m. to get 1.5 to 2.0 mph and this also helps the old 350cid, 260 hp from fouling plugs. I'm on a 26' four winns and fish out of walnut in PA.
    Good luck and hope this helps.

Default what size

What size drift bag(s) do most people use? Another question, when I troll with the 4.3L engine on my 21 ft boat, it tends to overheat, goes from 140 to 160, does anyone else have this problem? Replaced the water pump impeller last year and it helps but it still gets hot after trolling at idle speed for 10-20 minutes. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I don't think I would worry about 140 going to 160 if it keeps going up I would, my older boat did the same thing, when the engine temp started to rise I would put it in neutral and rev it up for about 30 seconds and it would go right back down, I would do this about every 1/2 hour.

Might want to check the thermostat, it might not be opening up all the way and restricting the water flow at slower speeds. I have had a similar problem in the past and the issue was resolved with a new thermostat, scale had built up and it could not open and close properly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKaramol View Post
    All

We spent the weekend on lake Erie and got to watch the boats around us bring in walleye while we drifted by them.. As much fun as that sounds (NOT!) the wife and i have learned that if we purchase a drift sock we could slow down and let others watch us catchem as well!! My question is.... How long of a rope do i use for this?? Do i have to buy a special line? We dock at Meinke Marina and fish the western basin and are trying to learn anything we can to put fish in the boat! Any of you captains that may have any info to help me learn would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! I need to put the wife on some Walleye before she starts looking for a new captain!! lol.

Do you know how hard it is to convince the Mrs. that Sheepshead taste just like Walleye?

Mr. K
    Contact Amish Outfitters, they will guide you to the proper size bag or bags that you need. They are also sold in the Walleye . com tackle store. The link is below and also at the upper right of this page. They are not cheap but they are very well made and very durable

http://www.walleyetacklestore.com/amoubebagsea.html

Single cooling or does it use a transfer cooler. It could be blocked.

just a note of thanks to those who are trying to help!!! we a learning and want to put some eyes in the box! if i use one drift sock when we move to fast that will help correct?

thanks agin!!!!!!

Mr

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKaramol View Post
    just a note of thanks to those who are trying to help!!! we a learning and want to put some eyes in the box! if i use one drift sock when we move to fast that will help correct?

thanks agin!!!!!!

Mr
    One of the right size will slow you down. Also fish the swing and that will slow down most of your presentation.