First trip of the year First trip of the year First trip of the year First trip of the year
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up Time to jig???

Hey, guys... it looks like the weather may cooperate by Saturday/Sunday.. with the recent weather coming through and again mid week.. shouldn't the "eyes" be ripe for the Jig bite? Unless, you think its a total waste, I am going to make the "3hr tour" drive and give them a try...

I think it will be hot this weekend, and worth the 3hr tour. Last weekend they were catching some fish but by no means they were jumping in the boat. From what I heard they did better around turlte island witch is near maumee bay. But I would not count out the reefs in the ohio shore line. Lets just hope weather man dont change his mind. good luck

Making my first trip up this weekend to try out the walleye bite. Traveling up from WV, we will arrive Fri and hopefully be able to fish some in the afternoon and will make a day of it Sat. This is my first trip with my boat. I have fished the area before with Charters. Any help from you guys on location and areas to try would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of good info on here, maybe after this weekend I can add to it.

Locust reef or stay in the bay is best this time of year. I hope the weather holds out for you.

Probably going to launch at lamberjack's or wild wings, but I am flexible. Looking like weather is going to kill us on friday, so a day spent in the hotel. Hopefully Saturday holds for us. Long trip to just sit in the hotel.

Default this weekend

weather report is looking up for the weekend wind on friday not good but sat and possibly sunday looks very promising! anyone with a new report on the fish would be good. what depth of water were they catching them in near the turtle reef?

Good Luck guys!!

Thanks for the info. Would the bay be calmer with those wind conditions?

Only fished Erie a couple of years and I usually go out of Wild Wings area and fish reefs. what is the "pear" you guys speak of?sounds like it is in the western bay area? Do you mean Pier? just curious. Never fished that area.

thanks guys

junkmoney1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wvguy71 View Post
    Making my first trip up this weekend to try out the walleye bite. Traveling up from WV, we will arrive Fri and hopefully be able to fish some in the afternoon and will make a day of it Sat. This is my first trip with my boat. I have fished the area before with Charters. Any help from you guys on location and areas to try would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of good info on here, maybe after this weekend I can add to it.
    Huntington here, im going up last week of April.

Smile maumme bay report friday

stop by mienkes friday to check on boat and get fish report,
    thurs the pear was hot boat limits in two hrs. or less, today
    3 to 6 ft. waves out of northeast water getting muddy fast
    2 to 3 fish per boat, best colors white and purple, will be out
    sat. and sunday will report back.