First trip of the year First trip of the year First trip of the year First trip of the year
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jfish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    The satilite image is showing the water clearing up out in front of wild wings, No rain projected all week, Very light wind projected for the rest of the week.. I dont know about you guys but it looks to me I am gonna be netting some fish.. FISH ON...
    Light wind the rest of the week? I must say that I wish that were true but Noaa is saying the complete opposite. When an ENE wind is projected at 9knots that usually means it's at least 15. I hope they're wrong but that won't help water clarity any.

I quess i have a differant view of light winds. In my book any less than 15mph is a light wind and fishable.. It looks like noaa is projecting 2 ft or less all week.. If you check out the satilite view the water is clearing already out in front of wild wings.. Plus the noaa forecast is for the entire lake(this time of year they dont seperate the two sections) I hope you are wrong.. I will let you know after the weekend I am going in friday am to start the year

Default Are they ready

Friend caught a couple but the water temp is still too cold. we need a thunderstorn from ft wayne to toledo to flush warm water in. That's the missing ingredient so far this year. I would focus more on the reef complex due to water clarity condirtions right now.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Please send a warm thunderstorm

New to the Forum, been monitoring for a few years and respect the input that you guys have shared... just wanting to get out there and give it a try, just that I am 3 hours South and was hoping to give it a shot this weekend (Sat or Sun), out of Wild Wings... should I just stay home and wait a week... don't want my cabin fever to overtake my common sense... just that jiggin' is my favorite and 2 or 3 good trips is all I get a chance to make to the great lake!

Default Wait a week

GANGWEST. I would wait 1 week. The stars, moon, and sun are not aligned yet. We are having a very cold spring with little to no rain. The water temp is low and so is the clarity. If ya only get 2 or 3 chances I would wait a week and let us locals let ya know when its on. I will be out there this weekend but based upon reports it's still a little slow. fish here--fish there. Not 3-4 fish per drift and re drifting every 200 yards or so. The water temp needs to come up another 4-5 degrees. Pray for heavy rain and warm thunderstorms.

Default Wait a week

GANGWEST. I would wait 1 week. The stars, moon, and sun are not aligned yet. We are having a very cold spring with little to no rain. The water temp is low and so is the clarity. If ya only get 2 or 3 chances I would wait a week and let us locals let ya know when its on. I will be out there this weekend but based upon reports it's still a little slow. fish here--fish there. Not 3-4 fish per drift and re drifting every 200 yards or so. The water temp needs to come up another 4-5 degrees. Pray for heavy rain and warm thunderstorms.

Default No big storms

Hey now, we need warm weather but no big storms which will carry a lot of silt down the Maumee, churn the lake up, and cover the eggs with a lot of silt.

Just light winds and lots of warm sunny weather.

Smile

Thanks "J-69"... I will take your advice and wait a week. Forecast if it holds true looks like a slight warm up, but still behind for this time of year isn't it? http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USOH0719 Also, I have seen other links posted about the Satellite Images and wind forecast and it becomes a daily ritual to check them out... this is one that I found that I like, hope you like it. http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

Default Has it started?

Happy Hooker bait shop posted some promising news that some guys are catching some limits. Anyone else been out recently and have a report? Good or bad? Thx. DoubleD
    http://www.happyhookerbaitandtackle....ng_reports.asp

Jfish Guest

My bro has been out a bit. They've not been doing bad, but also not good. I'm going out tonight while it's still calm. NW wind tomorrow DARNIT!