First trip of the year First trip of the year First trip of the year First trip of the year
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default First trip of the year

Went out of Turtle Point this afternoon. Fished 26 fow,ended up with 6 walleye and 6 perch.

Nice catch, thats the third good report i heard this year of walleye in the boat!!!

Smile Awesome

WTG. I have the boat in the driveway and batteries on charge. A few early spring "to do's" and I am with ya

Jfish Guest

I'm just waiting for the mud to leave. I'd be out there today but I have to work

I went out of WW on Monday. It was calm for once, Sunday was a blowing mess. Was out from 12:30 to 5PM. Water temp was 39 - 40 degrees. Clarity was like chocolate milk. Was marking fish, but did not catch a thing. Tried all of my tricks. No ice on the shores or anywhere I could see. I'll Be Back!

I launched out of WW and pretty much stayed between the D-B cooling tower and West sister. Jigged with a purple Vib-E, trolled with a LifeLike perch colored shallow running lure. Drifted dragging a purple worm harness baited with some minnows I had and was casting a one ounce Rooster Tail.

so ampted winter is over and want to get on the water but I've got to wait another 2 weeks due to my job. WTS, it's muddy here also.

Was anyone out this weekend(Mar 26-27) ? Trying to decide if I want to come up this coming weekend or wait till the weekend of the 9th. Thanks

Jfish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wvguy71 View Post
    Was anyone out this weekend(Mar 26-27) ? Trying to decide if I want to come up this coming weekend or wait till the weekend of the 9th. Thanks
    I would watch the wind. As long as the Northeaster/East/North/Northwest winds keep coming I wouldn't waste your time. Noaa is not looking good. Below is the link.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...&FcstType=text

The satilite image is showing the water clearing up out in front of wild wings, No rain projected all week, Very light wind projected for the rest of the week.. I dont know about you guys but it looks to me I am gonna be netting some fish.. FISH ON...