2011 fishing season/reports 2011 fishing season/reports 2011 fishing season/reports 2011 fishing season/reports
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jason,
    I have not heard of walleye moving close to central basin yet, but I can tell you the perch bite is on. I went out last Sunday from Hot Waters and got a limit of perch in less then three hours. Not huge fish but real nice eaters. Got almost 4lbs of meat off them. I was off the fog horn wall on the other end of the horn in 32' of water. The fish were laying tight to the bottom. If you try it, have fun!!!

Post Avon Lake perch

We went out perch fishing off avon lake for the first time sunday (4/10). Caught a total of 35 perch with 2 people and they were all good sized. Good number considering the water was still a little muddy from the previous day and how we started the day. Fished at several locations and depths on the eastern side with no fish. Then went west a little and fished off avon lake park in 32 FOW. Fish really started hitting at around 1:00. I think we just found a pocket of clearer water but it was still a good start for the season. Fish were also laying tight to the bottom.
    Last edited by fishydude; 04-11-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Fish were also laying tight to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by wvguy71 View Post
    jason

thanks for the info. How far out will the walleye be end of may-first of june? I have a smaller boat and cant always make a far run out into the lake.
    i find walleye the end of may beg of june in close around 1 -2 mile it is easier to give you cords 57.05 line north out of ashtabula and 51 line west is were i got them on june 7th last year but the weather seams to be off a week or two behind but i will let you know when i start folowing the pack. I have been out of conneaut with a south wind and drifted north from just off the beach jigging and got walleye in late june picked up perch and walleye both so they do come in close but i seem to pass on the close fish and end up 6-8-10 miles out and burn 1/4 tank of gas chasing eyes but this year i might find myself in a little closer too. I will keep you posted i have not been out this year yet so i dont have any posts yet on reports but now at work we are going from 6 days a week to 4 -10s so i will be out soon.

Good luck
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by jives53 View Post
    jason, i bought my first boat a couple years ago and just started really walleye fishing last year. I don't know a ton about it yet, but i've learned a lot in the past year and had a lot of fun catching some really nice fish. I'm hoping to get my boat in the water within the next week or so. I dock in vermilion and will try to keep an update of how i'm doing. It sounds like the walleye are still yet to make it this far east though.
    hey i cant wait to get out myself. Let me know and i will do the same i have to re finish the teak on the boat this week comming so maybe 2-3 weeks i be there chasing eyes with you.

Good luck!
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye nut35 View Post
    jason,
    i have not heard of walleye moving close to central basin yet, but i can tell you the perch bite is on. I went out last sunday from hot waters and got a limit of perch in less then three hours. Not huge fish but real nice eaters. Got almost 4lbs of meat off them. I was off the fog horn wall on the other end of the horn in 32' of water. The fish were laying tight to the bottom. If you try it, have fun!!!
    i wish i could be there but have to finish the teak once i start fishing it wont get done till next year my way of getting it done is i dont go fishing till the boat is done and ready for the year when i start fishing i dont stop till hunting season !!!lol i will be up that way in 2-3 weeks so i will keep all of you posted .

Ps congrats on the fish i love perchin too .

Good luck!
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT

Default I'll be out there

The title says it all, and I will post the results of my endeavors, so please keep this site open!
    Cheers!
    Hank