Tru-trip jet divers Tru-trip jet divers Tru-trip jet divers Tru-trip jet divers
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No luck.. Well I picked up 6 of the tru trips.. Having trouble with the release.. set light enough for a fish bite it falsed release. set just a hair more dragges the fish.. anyways put 6 out on one side and 6 40s out on the other side.. the 40s won 36 to 0.. I did manage too catch 7 sheephead on them.. Maybe I just dont know how to use them.. will try again.. I know I must of had them on the wrong side of the boat.. lol.

Default Releases

Skipper, That's exactly what I was talking about. I think all these releases people are trying to put on Jets are junk. I've fished with three different types of releases for them and none work on small fish. If they don't work on small fish,you might as well keep your Jets. I think it's going to take more than a cheap clip to keep from getting draggers. The only advantage to having a release on a diver is on Dipseys,because of the amount of drag that they have, ever reel in a 5 pounder on a #1dipsey that didn't release,you'd swear you snagged bottom sometimes. At least with the jet 40s when you get a small walleye they come to the surface with their mouth open for some reason,especially on inline boards.

[QUOTE=skipper9;12459]No luck.. Well I picked up 6 of the tru trips.. Having trouble with the release.. set light enough for a fish bite it falsed release. set just a hair more dragges the fish.. anyways put 6 out on one side and 6 40s out on the other side.. the 40s won 36 to 0.. I did manage too catch 7 sheephead on them.. Maybe I just dont know how to use them.. will try again.. I know I must of had them on the wrong side of the boat.. lol.[/QUO

I dont know if I personally believe this but thats fine. Just out of curiosity where did you pick them up at? Like I posted before I can give you a list of a ton of top rated captains on the lake that will tell you otherwise.

Just found a couple more GOOD reports on them

http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/f...9015#post69015
    Last edited by BigFishTuff; 07-13-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Well, I purchased them from Hi-Way Bait, directly from Al. If it is as great as you say, then it will sell itself. I was only able to run them for two hours, as my crew wanted them taken off.

I have the 40 jet figured out and can target the fish with great accuracy. I love the concept of shorter leads and maybe if I have the time to play with them some more, then maybe I will have better luck. Unfortunately, that will have to wait until I can go out without paying customers.

I am glad you are doing well with the tru trip gloomis.. Perhaps you have some tips for using them? I do have a question for you though, are you being paid to sponsor this product?

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    Well, I purchased them from Hi-Way Bait, directly from Al. If it is as great as you say, then it will sell itself. I was only able to run them for two hours, as my crew wanted them taken off.

I have the 40 jet figured out and can target the fish with great accuracy. I love the concept of shorter leads and maybe if I have the time to play with them some more, then maybe I will have better luck. Unfortunately, that will have to wait until I can go out without paying customers.

I am glad you are doing well with the tru trip gloomis.. Perhaps you have some tips for using them? I do have a question for you though, are you being paid to sponsor this product?
    I have nothing to do with the Tru-Trip deep divers. They are simply a product that a purchased and are very happy with them. I am just stating what I am happy with and will to continue to do so until I am unhappy. Until then I still call the Tru-Trip deep diver the number 1 diver on the market,

Falcon2082 Guest

Gloomis,

I thought I remembered a pretty lengthy post on OGF talking about the True Trips.

On June 10th you posted this:

"I am not the one making them. I have close ties with the man that is and just trying to promote his business. I will find out when he is back in stock and let you all know so you can place orders if wanted. Thank you and great fishing to all."

I am sure they are a great product and I am sure the next time I am out at The Hooker I might pick up a couple to see if I like them better then the Jets and Mini-Disks I run now off boards.