Tru-trip jet divers Tru-trip jet divers Tru-trip jet divers Tru-trip jet divers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tru-trip jet divers

Bass Pro shop sells something similar in the 20's, 30's and 40 size. The 40's are $10.00. Better than paying 16 for the tru-trip 50's

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    Bass Pro shop sells something similar in the 20's, 30's and 40 size. The 40's are $10.00. Better than paying 16 for the tru-trip 50's
    Obviously I am stuck on the Tru-Trips. I have heard some bad reports on the Trip-Z diver and a few good ones. I have yet to hear a complaint on the tru-trips. Its everyone's personal preference.

Default Who has tried them?

I don't know anybody that has tried them yet, but i would think you would have the same problem as Dipseys...a lot of fish aren't big enough to trip the release and you end up with draggers. If you can't set the release soft enough you might as well keep your Jets. We troll anywhere between 6 and 14 rods,depending on who's boat we take out,anytime we see a strike without a release,we reel up and check for draggers on the Dipseys. We also tried the add on releases for the jets and they don't release most of the time either unless the fish is over 20"s. Most of the time when a small walleye hits a jet,but doesn't release the clip from the big boards,they come to the surface anyway. Why doesn't a pro staffer hand out a few samples so we can do a little field testing....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    I don't know anybody that has tried them yet, but i would think you would have the same problem as Dipseys...a lot of fish aren't big enough to trip the release and you end up with draggers. If you can't set the release soft enough you might as well keep your Jets. We troll anywhere between 6 and 14 rods,depending on who's boat we take out,anytime we see a strike without a release,we reel up and check for draggers on the Dipseys. We also tried the add on releases for the jets and they don't release most of the time either unless the fish is over 20"s. Most of the time when a small walleye hits a jet,but doesn't release the clip from the big boards,they come to the surface anyway. Why doesn't a pro staffer hand out a few samples so we can do a little field testing....lol.
    Have heard many reports and no one is complaining about them not releasing.

Valhalla Guest

Cool

Gloomis, are you getting commission on these jets? lol, I have tried them all and I think you either like them or you don't, My suggestion to everyone is use whats comfortable and hooks fish

Default Tru-Trip ?????

Commission on sales or owner is what i was thinking too. Seems like a lot of hype about something that nobody on this end of the lake seems to have. In the last year seems like everybody has a add on release,copy or improvement to jets...is the pattent up and everybody's trying to get a peace of the market? If they are better than the other stuff, I'd be the first to brag to everybody about the hottest thing out...but it 's release looks no different than a Dipsey,which anybody that uses them knows how big of a fish it takes to trip the release. The problem that everybody i fish with seems to have is not with the big fish,you know when they're on,but the small walleye and white perch....draggers! You can't catch the big ones if your dragging spikes and white perch. If we don't get a fish at least every 15 minutes, we'll start cycling threw all the gear and clear all the draggers. I've got 10 Jets and 4 Dipseys,but can't see spending a $160 for the same problem... i'd get a few if i knew someone that used them! Anybody out of Meinke's have them yet? Hey Tru-Trip guys...give me 2 for a field test and i'll pass them around the guys...If they are better than jets and dipseys, i'll pay for the 2 test ones plus take 8 more and i'll bet the guys that i fish with would replace their jets...about 40 more!....don't need a commision...just a better release!
    Last edited by Prkr314; 07-09-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: An after thought!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    Commission on sales or owner is what i was thinking too. Seems like a lot of hype about something that nobody on this end of the lake seems to have. In the last year seems like everybody has a add on release,copy or improvement to jets...is the pattent up and everybody's trying to get a peace of the market? If they are better than the other stuff, I'd be the first to brag to everybody about the hottest thing out...but it 's release looks no different than a Dipsey,which anybody that uses them knows how big of a fish it takes to trip the release. The problem that everybody i fish with seems to have is not with the big fish,you know when they're on,but the small walleye and white perch....draggers! You can't catch the big ones if your dragging spikes and white perch. If we don't get a fish at least every 15 minutes, we'll start cycling threw all the gear and clear all the draggers. I've got 10 Jets and 4 Dipseys,but can't see spending a $160 for the same problem... i'd get a few if i knew someone that used them! Anybody out of Meinke's have them yet? Hey Tru-Trip guys...give me 2 for a field test and i'll pass them around the guys...If they are better than jets and dipseys, i'll pay for the 2 test ones plus take 8 more and i'll bet the guys that i fish with would replace their jets...about 40 more!....don't need a commision...just a better release!
    I agree if I had two to try and they work I'm sure all the guys I fish with out of wings would do the same.

Bingo - That is the problem with the internet - until you meet someone in person - you never know what you get - and sometimes that is questionable

Default Tru trip deep divers

The Tru Trip has better adjustment and a way far advanced release system over dipseys, and it is super consistant. The Tru Trip pulls hard, but with the correct boards, you can pull 8-10 Tru Trips per side. Remember only 2 rods per angler. There are thousands of the Tru Trips in the water. I think its great to see a product such as the Tru Trip to be built here in the USA. I can provide you with a list of Top Rated Charter Captains that pull and believe the Tru Trip is a better and more productive way of filling the box.

fireman Guest

Default tru trips

Fishermans Wharf has them in stock,I have two,several charters out
    of Catawba are running them.You have to adjust them like a dipsy.
    They dive faster and deeper than a dipsy.We had to stop using
    them because they put to much tension on the line to our boards.