Pissed off or coincidence? Pissed off or coincidence? Pissed off or coincidence? Pissed off or coincidence?

Default Pissed off or coincidence?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Prkr314; 04-29-2011 at 10:04 PM.

waterdog Guest

Default ~Yes~ I would say they do read this site

I would put money on the fact that they read this site!:

Default probably perch nets

It is illegal to net walleye in Ohio waters of lake Erie if you suspect they are walleye nets call the ODNR and report it. They are probably trap nets used for perch. Your sonar is zoomed in to reflect slightly more than a square mile and the sonar indicates the water depth to be rather shallow to be to far offshore. There were nets just offshore of the beach at the west edge of Port Clinton earlier this year running SW to NE they were left there for about 3 weeks.

FireFish Guest

Default Nets

Not sure exactly where you are but there are nets to the east of Kelly's around the 34's. We had 3 sets of nets to the NE of Kelly's 4 weeks ago and last Sunday we found the set around the 34's. While I'm sure there are perch there, I'm positive the eye's are over there. Fishy? Does anyone know if there is a net report anywhere?

Default trap nets

If they're running trap nets, they can live-release the walleyes and undersized perch. I'm no fan of the nets, believe me. But the state has given them the right to fish in the same waters we fish. The state and feds hammered the commercial fishermen a few years ago, and many were fined heavily. I imagine they're still under pretty tight scrutiny.

Blog Entries

Default nets

saw 3 sets 3 weeks ago NW of Kelly Shoals- between Gull. They should start netting the Sheephead and White bass- keep lines tight, and net handy
    -Somthin Fishy

It may be coincidental. That area probably holds fish each year and the commercial fishermen know it.

One thing is for sure- commercial fishermen, categorically have no souls! They will lay nets 50 feet in front of recreational fishermen that are trolling, drifting etc. knowing they are messing up someones day. Ive seen them spread nets through packs of boats. Many lay nets not properly marked and so on. It is a poorly govorned professon!

Some netters have "native rights" and they are the worst kind. They have literally ruined many fisheries.

it could be odnr...they do set out nets and do fish popualation surveys...I have seen it this time of year before.they work ohio state university students,you can actually volunteer and go out and be part of it.there is information on the dnr home page