First timer First timer First timer First timer

Thread: First timer

blufisherman Guest

Default First timer

Bought a new boat last year and have always wanted to join you wallguys out there huntin the big sows. Will be in the area apr 25-28. Lookin to swap some stories and learn a few tricks in some hole in the wall over a few foamies. Anyone know of a good ole pub near Marblehead? Also the water temp being up in the 40's, are the eye's going to be on the reefs still, in the bay or out deep?
    Diviorsed and livin again!! Love a screamin drag!!
    Last edited by blufisherman; 04-14-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Default eyes on the reefs

last year around the time you are gunna come up we were still gettin wallys on the reefs in about 10-15 foot of water. with fishin startin off a little slow this year the fish will probably still be hangin out on the reefs wen u guys make it out. water temps now are around 40 degrees and the fish are everywhere just not biting.
    Last edited by FishOn205; 04-09-2008 at 07:45 AM.

blufisherman Guest

Default Timing

Thanks fishon,

How long does the spawn season in the island area last? I'd like to get a routine down for the years to come.

love a screemin drag!!
    Last edited by blufisherman; 04-14-2008 at 02:08 AM.

Default timing

you no im really not sure how long the spawn season is but it seems to me that last year we were gettin eyes for a bout a month before they started movin out to deeper water. dont quote me on that but as far as jiggin season goes i think we got them for about 4 weekends pretty consistant. other guys maybe longer others maybe shorter so.........