Chagrin River Perch Chagrin River Perch Chagrin River Perch Chagrin River Perch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Chagrin River Perch

Saturday, 07/11/09 AM before storm. 52FOW W/NW of CEI 40 fish in 3hrs.
    Sunday, 7/12/09 8:00am till 2:30pm. 52FOW N/NE of mouth straight off Sandcrest Apts. 30 nice fish in 2hrs then they shut-down. Moved to pack of boats 47' off CEI finished our limit but size was smaller and more junk fish in mix.
    I will be trying some locations from previous years in the next couple of weeks, I will take quality size fish over quantity any day.

Good Fishingi

2. Default

Any update on the pech fishing out of the Chagrin? Heard a lot of people yesterday saying they were slaying them, but the lake conditions kept us inshore.

Default perch out of chagrin

We fished Friday in 48ft between shorgated and Euclid. Killed them. Limited in about 2hrs.

Going to try that same spot again this morning.

Blind Squirrel

Thumbs up chagrin perch in front of shorgate

Another good day. West of chagrin, in front of shorgate towers. 49 ft. Ran out of bait before getting limit. Alot of sheephead and a few white bass mixed in. Mixed bag with the size of perch. Mostly keepers.

Really choppy today. Took longer to get there than it did to fish.

Blind Squirrel

Default Perch out of Chagrin

Fished the last several days between storms and changing lake conditions.
    Fishing has been excellent anywhere weve gone between Shoregate and Mentor Lagoons.
    Best catches have been at 46'-48'. Tried a spot off Sandcrest at 56' and had a slow bite but most fish were 10+" "JUMBOS".
    Need boats for P.A.L. Kids (perch)fishing day August 13th. Contact Chagrin Bait and Tackle on Forest Dr for details.

Good Fishing

Default Perch report Thursday, 7-30-09

Tried numerous spots. Radio chatter from Wildwood to the Fairport hump was pretty much the same - slow bite - small fish. Ended up off Euclid at East 260th in 48 fow. The bite picked up after 10 a.m. We quit about 1 p.m. with 15 keepers. We went through 6doz minnows, caught 3 Sheeps, a couple of White bass and a whole lot of small perch.
    Last edited by TAG; 07-31-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Thumbs up Between willowick and americanas

Went out yesterday Aug 1 at about 6:30 p.m. past the park in Willowick almost to the amrericana apartments. 51 ft. Very slow pickens early and then about 8:00 we were hammering them. The size got much bigger too. Nice, we ran out of bait with about 20 minutes of daylight left.

Blind Squirrel on 68

Capt. Willy Guest

Default sheephead and gobies eastlake

I have never caught so many sheephead in all my life as I did yeasterday. I must have caught about 15 or more. I also caught lots of gobies. I got 10 perch also. I was in 48 feet of water off the stacks in Eastlake. In the end I
    caught the perch but by that time I was out of minnows. Nice sized perch though. One very strange thing was how some of the perch took the minnow.
    They grabbed it so hard that the pole was bent and I thought I had another sheephead.

Default Going a little deeper for some keepers

Friday, 7/31/09 Lake was flat. Went to 56-58' off Sandcrest Started with a good bite till 9:00 then slowed. Picked back up around 11:00 when a light breeze and slight chop developed. Caught a 3-person limit by 1:00pm.
    Looking forward to Fall perchin' even though weve had an OK summer season.

Good Fishing

Default Mentor Lagoons Perch

Friday, 08/07/09
    Fished 51 fow straight off Mentor Lagoons. Slow but steady bite. Fish seemed to have moved from areas around Chagrin. Finding minnows was tough but managed. Some bait stores seem to be selective as to who the sell minnows to when they are scarce. I will no longer do business with the store on the southeast corner of lakeshore and erie rd(without mentioning store name) again.

Good Fishing
    Last edited by emeraldshiner; 08-09-2009 at 08:36 AM. Reason: corrected information