July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports July 2009 Central Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BlackPearlCharter.com Guest

Default Trolling luck

If you are trying to find the Walleye and Steelhead you need to go out further. Out of Cleveland you need to head 20 miles North - North East into about 78 FOW. Keep your speed between 1.6 and 2.2 and see what you do. There are thousands of things to consider before throwing in the towel. Speed, Depth, type of line (affects amount of line you have out), do you have any scents (human or oils, perfumes...) on the line or tackle? is your boat too loud? what direction are you traveling? change things up a bit. Fishing in Lake Erie has become work nowadays - not instant gratification like 20 years ago. Hit me up if you need any other info. Good luck!

Default Ashtabula/Conneaut Walleye

Fished yesterday (7/27) between Ashtabula and Conneaut from the 02 to the 05 lines. Rough water but managed to pull 11 walleye. Assorted stinger spoons and harnesses off of Dipsey divers (#3 setting, 220 feet back & #1 settign 200 feet back). No one color/combination seemed better than the others. Also took a few off of the downriggers down 65 feet. Will try again Thursday.

fishingnut1081 Guest

Default Ashtabula perch!!!

Am looking for ashtabula perch anybody has any numbers please reply to this!!! Thanks chris

GoPens88 Guest

Default lost internet

I am back in Florida and my wireless internet that I was boot legging from a neighbor cottage went out the day after my last post. Thanks for the advice, but in years past I have caught walleye on a few locations on my GPS between 25-40 fow. I was seeing fish on the finder but I'm going to hope they weren't walleye because I only ended up catching a total of 5 in two weeks. I never use scents or change my line, I use 18lb spiderwire. I think that if next summer I'm not having luck I'll try to use a better kind of line and/or use scents and other techniques toward bringing the walleye. Good luck to all of you, and I'll post next July.