Are the reef walleye biting yet, or is it still too cold? Are the reef walleye biting yet, or is it still too cold? Are the reef walleye biting yet, or is it still too cold? Are the reef walleye biting yet, or is it still too cold?
    hot-n-tot501 Guest

Default Are the reef walleye biting yet, or is it still too cold?

Im just wondering if anyone has been jigging on the reefs at all this week. Myself and 2 friends are scheduled to go out on the Drawbridge head boat this Saturday. I just want to know if it is worth it or would it be better to wait a couple weeks for the water temperature to get into the 40's? People say the fishing's good as soon as the ice is off, but i want actual reports before i spend $37 on a charter. I know last year the 3rd week of April was great with the purple hair jigs and the fish were aggressive and the hard snap of the rod was an effective technique. Does anyone think with the water being in the mid 30's that a slow jigging technique would be better than snapping the rod hard? What about blade bait's, does anyone know anything about them? Another thing i wanted oppinion's on was whether or not it would be a waste of time to cast and retreive a ReefRunner or a HuskyJerk? That's right, let out a lot of line and then start reeling with a steady retreive or maybe try a stop and go retreive. All i want is to come home with our 12 walleye, maybe even a trophy. Any suggestions for fishing this weekend would be greatly appreciated. Good fishing!

bcinerie Guest

Default go fishin!!!

Go fishing man, if you wait for reports you are not a real fisherman just a meat hunter. I think the success is not how many fish but the whole experience. I have had great trip with only 1 or 2 fish and sometimes even none. just go fishin!!!!!

Some of have a two hour drive and dont like gettng skunked so the reports of people catching fish help, dont mean to sound like a smart a$$ but thats the way it is.

Default Stay Shallow

Go to Wild Wings and fish shallow. 8'-10' FOW. Stop at Happy Hooker for the inside scoop on where and with what. I there this sat & sun. Cant help but catch'em

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Talked to Dave at the Hooker today at five PM.He told me that that damn east wind blew the mud back in.I am thinking Sunday will probably be the best for this weekend.

Thumbs up here fishy,fishy

i agree with bcinerie the whole experience of just being on the lake should get you as exited as catching limit. i'm going sunday for sure,, see you then dave.. have my shiners ready..

I,ve been out the last two days, water is muddy and a little to cold yet. Got some fish thur. It,s just a matter of time, Go Fish, You wont know when that time is unless you're there. It's better to tell the storys than to hear them.

jamess2008 Guest

Default Wild wings

I always hear you guys speak of wild wings. Is that near Turtle creek? Sorry ive always put out from catawba or portage. Bass tournaments ,but want to give it a good try this year. Thanks alot.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Yes Wildwings and Turtle are maybe a half a mile apart.If you want to come up and go hey that's cool.But a charter buddy of mine and I decided to hold off for one more week.Yesterday NE winds and today NE to N north winds means nothing but mud and cold water.Just the way we see it.