Perch Perch Perch Perch
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Perch

waterdog Guest

Default Perch ~ Sat Aug 15th

Fished just east of the green buoy at Niagara Reef in 29 fow and caught a two man limit of nice yellow perch. Caught a few white perch but no sheep head and no walleye. A real soft bite! Caught some nice jumbos! A few throwbacks. We were using minows and a spreader and no bling.

waterdog Guest

Default Perch ~ Sun Aug 16th

Fished just east of the green buoy at Niagara Reef in 29 fow and caught a two person limit of nice yellow perch. A soft bite, with some more agressive hits mixed in! Caught some nice jumbos! A few throwbacks. We were using minows and a spreader and no bling. Most fish were 8 inchers. Got the limit in two hours!

Waterdog, Are you in a hard top thompson?

PearlHDFatboy Guest

Default Lorain/Avon Perch bite - Aug 15-16

Anyone have luck catching sizable perch off Lorain this past weekend?

Most who perched were in 40 fow, 2 miles out this past weekend. Best bites were off Beaver Park, but lots of small ones (D'Arcy's report was right on). Also tried off Avon Pt. both east (lots of white perch) and west, but no real bites there. Stopped at Ardicks, and he showed me buckets full of perch in the 4-5" size that idiots brought him. Ridiculous!

I sent my underwater camera down to record and see what was down there on Sunday, and really, there were no big ones down there at all, hardly any fish around. I'll be back out in Lorain on Sunday to find them again... I have a feeling the large ones are 6+ miles out off Lorain like they were in late Aug-Sept last year.

After giving up on the perch, I picked up 2 eyes (24" & 26") on green erie dearies 6-7 miles out @ the 38-15 line. 'Eyes were suspended around 16-18 feet.

waterdog Guest

Default Tuesday~Aug 25th

caught 22 nice perch , just east of Niagara Reef in 29 fow.
    only fished about an hour, took the ladies and one got feeling sea sick so we pulled up anchor and went back to port!
    real soft bite!

waterdog Guest

Default Wednesday~ Sept 2nd

caught 61 perch, just east of Niagara reef in 29 fow.
    some throw backs, but still caught some good eating size.
    There were about 12 white perch too! 8 Sheephead 1 rock bass and no walleye. Did catch a double gobie!

waterdog Guest

Default Perch~Sept 5 Saturday

Caught 9 perch, fishing south of E can. All 7-9's in 18 fow using spreaders with no bling. only fished for about an hour with the realatives and they caught their first perch ever. there were those pesky white perch too but they we fun to catch and keep things fun!

waterdog Guest

Default Perch Limit in 45 min.

Got my limit in 45min. s e of E can in 20 fow. Some sorting but most were 8 inchers! I was fishing at 2:00 pm and using a spreader with no bling tiped with small shiners. I did catch 8 white perch! waves were 2-3 ft but that did not seem to matter to the fish!

HUNTER Guest

Caught 46--- 12lbs north east of north bass island 9-10-09
    went out next day. same spot caught 36--- 9lbs

Talking 9/12 Perch

Fished just Northwest out of Anchor Point in rough water Saturday morning through early afternoon. Fished 16 fow with a lot of fish brought in. Still getting dinks and also sheeps. Most perch were between 7-9 inch with a few 10's and 11's. Bite was hard to feel in the rough water.