Perch Perch Perch Perch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Perch

Labshavit Guest

Default Perch

Fished in 40' of water east of Kelly nothing but a sheephead. Went back off the lighthouse in 30-34' nothing. Been there 4 times in the laast week and did well. Marked fish but they would not bite. Will try again Tues. afternoon.

Took my wife out saturday and fished south of B can and we limeiet out in less than two hours. We had several doubbles and alot of through backs. It was an awsome day on the water with her. I also herd north of B can about two miles out.

Labshavit Guest

Fished off MarbleHead and put 44 in the box on Monday and put 40 in the box today. Minnows cut in half really seems to turn them on.

waterdog Guest

Default Niagara Reef ~Eye's & Perch Friday July 10th

Fished just east of Niagara Reef in 30 fow anchored for perch. Caught 16 8-10 inch perch and 2 walleye. Walleye were 18-20 inches. Lost one walleye at the boat. For the walleye used a mayfly rig with night crawler fished right on the bottom. For the perch used a spreader with ninows right on the bottom.
    Caught 8 sheephead and a few white perch. Great day on the lake weather wise

Labshavit Guest

Waterdog where are you going out off to get to Niagra and how far of a run is it?

Oak Harbor would be closest if there is a launch and would put you within 8 miles of Niagra. I use the Portage River and it is 10.5 miles at 346 heading. The West launch from catawba would put you abou the same distance or a little closer. 9 miles or so at a 325 roughly but check that one out before you run it.

waterdog Guest

Default Perch Sunday July 12th

Fished by E can and caught 12 7-8 inch perch. There was this green floating chunks of algae in the water. Went out south of Niagara and drifted. Caught sheephead and one throwback walleye 14". Was using may fly rig tiped with a night crawler. Waves were 1 foot or less and the drift was .5 mph. Nice!

waterdog Guest

Default Tuesday~July 21

Got 12 perch today, did it drifting. Put a spreader out with two minows and casting a mayfly rig in 20 fow. I started out east of round reef. Caught one 15" walleye, and 12 sheephead. Several sheephead were 22 ".
    great drift .5 mph then by noon wind picked up.

fished b can and east of the can, picked up 3 perch in two hours, moved to L can no luck there, pulled the boat moved to catawaba, picked up 2 fish in the first 5 mins off the green bouy, picked up no more fish, called it a day, just a bad day on the lake anyone else??

waterdog Guest

Default Perch~Friday July 24th

caught 25 perch, 8-11" in 30 fow nw of rattlesnake island.
    Was using a spreader tiped with minnows, atached to a 2 oz bottom bouncer, it was windy for most of the am, then it settled down. I was drifting for the most part of the day, was trying to catch walleyes.
    For the walleye I was using a golden mayfly tiped with a night crawler, I caught perch on it, some nice 11" ones, on that rig.