June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports June 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Fished 6-5 four man limit and had 6 throwbacks. Fished on each side of the sputnik but more success past the sputnik as the day moved on. Jet divers and gold spoons were the ticket. 110' back on #20 jet divers. Fished from 26 fow (morning) to about 28 fow in the afternoon. Lots of boats in the area with lot of net moving. Saw some other folks at the Toledo beach marina cleaning station that had success in the same area wit hthe same technique.

Default what lure

Fish man what lures were you pulling.

Thanks
    Mitch

jamess2008 Guest

Default Sunday June 7th

Fished east side of Kelleys 530 to 1230. 2 man limit 35 fow. Throwing weapons. We must have been doing something different then everyone else cause only seen the others nets fly once in a great while. Nice fish too 3 to 7 lbs. The inside cut on the east side.I will say when we marked fish we were catching sheephead and white bass. We were better off not marking fish. Cause if you got a hit it was the dead weight walleye bite.Jim

Post 6/6 & 6/7 report

Fished Saturday, started out south of west reef, picked up one casting. Moved over to Northwest reef, large pack of boats, and ran #30 jets and picked up one 70 back. NOt many marks so went back to south of west reef, ran the boards and started picking them up in a pocket, once we found the pocket just keep working them 60 and 70 feet back. Ended up with 18 on saturday with 8 throwbacks and 15 sunday with 3 throw backs. Spoon color or pattern did not matter on saturday but on sunday it did, needed a large spot on the spoon. Best of luck.

Mitch-spoons were the ticket- gold/copper were successful also a green and cold combo worked well. Some friends of mine went out on June 6 and used the same technique in the same area and had a four man limit with 2 throwbacks and lost 5 on the way in.

Jfish Guest

We didn't do very well on Sunday.

Trolling for several hours Northeast of Niagra out to Northwest reef. We picked up 2 nice ones and lost one of the two netting Picked up a dink and couple white bass. Come to think of it I think we landed 2 Walleye. It was a long day.

We had the boards out running jet 30s on one side and 40s on the other. Stinger, Yeck, and "turn in a poacher" spoons.

I'm new to the sight but I just retired and am planning to purchase a boat. Having said that I have fished the wester basin for 35 years. 3 years ago I took by Bayliner 2655 and docked with the charters at east harder. My best fishing skill was for smallies and jiggs. This was the first year I had a boat big enough to take the waves prior to that I Stripper fished in Norris Tn. Anyway after 2nd to 3rd week of june the walleye seened to disappear. I would ask the captains where I was dacked and they said 4-5 ft of water on top of reefs. Yeah right. Late July I decided to give this a try. We trolled kelley sholes with yellow birdss and bill Normaon balso shallow runners. Metallic blue and white seeened to be the best. Once I locked in the chordinates we limmitted with Eyes and smalleys ever day. I'm moving from tennesseee bach to Ohio and wil put a boat back aon erie. If you haven't tried the Norman balsas try then ther hat here in tn. Side planners outdo 2-1 over off the back.

Jim

Guys after fishing for 30 some years I've learned fish will feed at some point. Maybe for only an hour but they feed. its the mystery of wind waves and depth. I'm getting my captains license this year any advise is apreciatted.

Jim

Trolled east (1 mile) of south bass today. 6 hours - 16 fish in the box. All large fish. Smallest was 19" largest just over 29, 40 jets 55 - 75 back. copper backed stingers. 32' of water

Quote Originally Posted by JMusic View Post
    Guys after fishing for 30 some years I've learned fish will feed at some point. Maybe for only an hour but they feed. its the mystery of wind waves and depth. I'm getting my captains license this year any advise is apreciatted.

Jim
    sea tech is the only way to go get your capyians lic dennis danials and guy tibble teach you everyting would highly reccomend them contact guy at 419-734-1143