May 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports May 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default may 8 thur 14

fished off kelly's island between the first and second can all week got two man limit on sun. mon ,tues, but only got 7 on wendays and 10 on thurdays. We used bottom bouncers with crawlers. different colors all week, but purple seem best for me. The fish are spread out, didn't have a double the whole time.the white perch are a real pain though, they are as pesty as ever (bring lots of worms)most fish were in the 3#-4# range with a couple of 7#s

Default eye limits tuesday wendsday thursday

limits on tuesday no we were short had 20 fish that weighed 50 pounds purple weapons gold pink harnesses on bottom bouncers one guy wanted to go in so we left. wensday it was a little tuff got 16 for 4 guys mostly on pink purple and gold harnesses on bottom bouncers 42 pounds. thursday limit 3 guys 44 pounds pink is hot on bottom bouncers caught some on gold weapons small blade playing swing ran into them and got 6 in ten minutes on pink harnesses on bottom bouncers it was 2-3s and had a 4 ounce bottom bouncers on the side that goes under the boat let it down to bottom and watch it 136 pounds in 3 days .started in 19 ft of water off wards and drift out to 22 - 23 ft short drifts but when it got a little rough we would drift longer 3 miles great 3 days hope they stay there we would be fishing all by our selfs but i called some buddys in and they caught fish 2

waterdog Guest

Default Thursay May 21st

A great day for fishing!
    Sheephead~alot.....there fun to catch...for a while.
    6 JUMBO perch 12"ers
    15 White Perch (they like to steal your nightcrawlers)
    1 catfish
    1 eye
    1 White bass
    We were using botom bouncers in 28 fow not far from Niagra.
    We caught the Jumbo perch on a botom bouncer with a minow and no bling, just a perch hook.
    The eye was caught on a yellow~green worm harness.

yohno241 Guest

Talking muskie

may 21 caught 1 26 inch muskie 2 white bass 2 sheephead and 5 nice walleyes off luna pier in 14 ft after 7:00 pm trolling with wiggle warts. great evening. returned the muskie bass and sh-thead to the lake put the boat away and was on the highway home before dark
    Last edited by yohno241; 05-22-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Saturday between 9:00 and 1:30. Caught 20 walleye 1 1/2 miles northwest of west sister. Almost no wind. Casting gold blades on weapons or perch colored weight forwards. A lot of boats and a lot of trollers. Stay away from the boats and we caught fish.

Default saturday

fished flat rock.no wind so we pulled worm harnesses with bottom bouncers with the kicker motor.caught a three man limit plus some by noon.had 4 over 5 lbs.one 29 and 1/2 inch 9.2 lbs.you gotta love lake erie

Fished the 24th. Good action 3 man limit. Fished in 26-27 fow trolling spoons with jet divers. All fish over 20 inches. Gold spoons with some spots most productive.

Default Slow day on the lake

Fished the 23rd out of Toledo Beach Marina 1 Walleye 22inches and 3 white bass. But only fished 1.5 hrs. Very windy and choppy 24th and the 25th.

Jeep Guy Guest

Default Kelly Sholes - May 24

It's been awhile since I caught a limit - so I'm happy to share it here as I check here often for tips and hints. My 9 old son and I were fishing Sunday (May 24) - we headed to Kelly Sholes on tip from Highway Bait - there were only about 15 boats in the area - with about 1/2 trolling (we were drifting). We caught two limits on 1 oz bottom bouncers, with crawler harnesses - mostly on orange, a few on silver and yellow. Fish started biting once the wind picked up that morning - we eventually had to through out the drift sock to slow down - but none the less and awesome day fishing with my son!!

waterdog Guest

Default Lake water is cloudy May 30 & May 31

This weekends wind and waves made lake erie cloudy!
    I went out Saturday and fished near Niagara, but the wind kicked up and we moved to put-in bay to fish on the east side. No eyes on Saturday, just sheephead and white bass.
    On Sunday I fished from my boat dock and caught; catfish, bullhead, sheephead, yellow perch, bulegill, crapie, rock bass,& largemouth bass. I was listening to the cb channel and I heard that you had to go out to the shipping channel to get clear water.
    Anyways, my set up for the dock fishing was a spreader in 4 fow with no "bling" and just two crapie hooks with minows.