what line to use what line to use what line to use what line to use

Default what line to use

With all these new lines out there, what is the best to use for drift fishing for walleye aroung the islands? I have always been a Trilene XL guy, but I've heard good things about spiderwire, pro power, etc. Just curious.
    Scott

ChasinWalleye Guest

Default Fishing line Choices

I have always been a loyal Trilene man Whether im pulling boards, jigging ruuning slip bobber rigs. I have tried fireline and i am very impressed with its abration resistance and instant response to a hook set. Maybe it's time for a change!

Tight Lines........... ChasinWalleye

Blog Entries

Default which line ?

Like you I have been using trilene xl 4 , 6 , 8 lbs test lines these are a good choice with out the cost of the braided or hybrid lines , I like a line as lite as possible for the conditions but with enough strength to get a good hook set to much stretch in the line can let your fish shake the hook at the net. we use braided line or a hybrid mix for trolling, there are many good lines out there try a few build your confidence in it, and catch fish

I have Power Pro on all my rods and since I switched to that a few years ago will never go back to mono for drifting. You can feel everything and without the stetch.

Hey guys, I normally troll with 10 lb line but I have 25 lb on the reels now. Do you think this heavier line will matter?

offshore $al Guest

Default braided line and mono

I like to troll for my eyes. I use fireline 8-10 lbs test but make my Erie dearies out of 20 lb mono. I like the combination, it has worked very well for us

Default what line

i use fireline ever since i first used it in a cabelas walleye tournment in fairport i fished with gary parson walleye pro he was the first in the country to have fireline it was'nt even on market yet berkley sent him some spools and i ive been useing it ever since ,i use 20lb crystal on board rods and dipseys ,

Smile Fishing line

For jigging i like 6lb fire line
    for drifting harneses i use 10lb fire line
    for trolling i use 30lb fire line on my dippsey rods and jet rods
    i have hooked big steel head on 20lb fire line with dippseye and snapped the line on big runs so i switched to 30lb no problem
    and the big water trollers bible also refers to the 30lb fire line
    on all of it's depth charts so this made it an easy decision
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT