Question about  2oz 20/20 ??? Question about  2oz 20/20 ??? Question about  2oz 20/20 ??? Question about  2oz 20/20 ???

Default Question about 2oz 20/20 ???

When you guys say 30/30 or 20/20 does that mean you guy let out 20ft of line then add snap weight then another 20ft then the planner board?? like running bandits usually use percision troll graph but was wondering if you can use snap weights on the bandits??Any helpful advice would be appreciated THANKS ALL

You are correct on that assumption.When they say ran bandit at 20/40 with 2oz that means they put out bandit 20ft then put a 2oz snap weight on then let out 40ft more before putting on board.If trying to figure out how deep that bandit is running,look up depth bandit runs at 60ft then add 8ft to that number to get the depth you want lure to run.The weight usually adds 4ft for each ounce of weight.But beware of depth of crank when running slow in these cold waters with sinker.When running 1mph your depth is deeper than that 4ft/ounce.I saw some charts of cranks with weights on another site and when you go really slow,that sinker really pulls that lure deeper.The reason you put the weight on after 20ft is because when reeling in a fish,you can take the weight off the line while still keeping the fish back far enough to keep in the water.

Thank you itsbob yea want to get them down deeper when i go to Lorain dont like the dipisys trying to figure out how to get them down deeper thanks it helped a lot

Some guys even use 3oz sinkers but they pull really hard on inline boards.You can even put a crank on a dipsey,but the crank have to be a small lipped shallow diver.

How about just running the snap weight about 4-5 feet in front of the crank bait so you don't have to take it off every time you reel in? Be the same as running a tadpole in front of a crawler harness.

Quote Originally Posted by JERRYA View Post
    How about just running the snap weight about 4-5 feet in front of the crank bait so you don't have to take it off every time you reel in? Be the same as running a tadpole in front of a crawler harness.
    I think it will affect the way the crankbait runs and dives. haven't tried it, but once the water clears up, try it and drop it just over the boat so you can still see it, then compare.
    Matt

1996 Proline 231- EyeHammer'd
    Found trolling the western basin in spring and NY end in Summer/Fall

I run Tadpoles diving weights they do not seem to pull any harder than some deep diving cranks. With shallow running cranks, works good. The only issue I have is if you stop everything sinks, but hasn't been a big issue for me. I really like using the diving weights using spinners like the Mepps variety.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Thanks for the input guys! Your a great help.!!!!!!! Cant wait to get up there gonna be going out of wild wings jigging and some trolling let you know how it went if the weather cooperates!!!!!!!