New linecounter reels New linecounter reels New linecounter reels New linecounter reels
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

We have the Magda Pro's and straight out of the box about half of them did the same for me. I found I have to push the spool to the side and rotate back a bit to get the catch to release.

I made the switch from okuma for the same reasons. I now use Diawa and have 20 of them and only had one problem and that was with a new one. They took it and fixed it. I have been using the Diawa now for 3 years.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman 2 View Post
    daiwas...the ones that cost around 105.00 ea...you'll never have a problem with them.
    right now you can get those same reels off ebay for around 80.00 to 85.00 the sealine sg17lc3b is the best price the 27 a couple more bucks the 47 a couple more than the 27's. these are all great reels and these prices are the best I've seen. i have the 17's and they are awesome walleye reels.

We have been using Diawa sealing 47Lc and have had good luck with them.I have 4 of the older style I bought 25 yrs ago and only last season did I need to repair one.I set up my friend with 4 new ones couple years ago with no problems.I like the bigger reel 47 instead of the smaller size to handle the inline boards and dipsey better.Price around $110.

I've had good luck with my Okuma Convector series reels ($77)..... but have heard the issues on the cheaper ones.

I couldn't be happier, thanks for all the responses pertaining to my questions on which avenue to travel in my search of new reels. You all have giving me plenty of choices and out of these I'm sure I can restock with confidence. Now, let's all have a super season and if any of you dock at wild wings, hopefully we can meet . I've leased a dock there for this season. The wife, son, and I are excited.

Yes, the Magda Pros are plagued with issues from what I see here. I did the same trying to save a few pennies but luckily only bought two Magda Pros before my desire to try the Okuma Cold Waters took over. The Cold Waters look, feel and perform so much better. They are so much smoother even a rookie notices. I am no expert and have not used the other highly recommended reels here but this would be good info for anyone considering new reels, if only to eliminate the Magda Pro from your choices. I highly recommend spending the extra couple of $$ for the better quality reels, you will be very glad you did, especially in the heat of the moment when good equipment makes a huge difference. I am glad I did, and I am about as tight with my $'s as they come.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden