Wind ???? Need some advice Wind ???? Need some advice Wind ???? Need some advice Wind ???? Need some advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

my advice for what it's worth is to wait until sometime in april...fish will be in closer and biting better...around that time fish will only be out a couple miles from besse to crane creek...seems this spring is going to be a lion...weather should straighten out by april.

Some great advise from some experience fishermen, I think for the wife and I we will call it on anything over 12 mph. Hope to see some of you at the docks or on the water. Be safe

When you use an app like iWindsurf, where it shows say 12mph, gusting to 16.... like the reading and forecast out at a Toledo Water intake, do you tend to use the lower maintained amount as that is more of a constant? Keeping an eye on the gusting as an alert of where it gets to. Sure is crazy how much of a variance there is from area to area.

Looking at next week, guess I'll take the much appreciated advice and bump it back some. Thanks again! Sure love the info shared on this site

Friday April 28th

We only use the iwindsurf forecast to plan on our fishing dates.I would recommend you not planning to fish early next week.Weather too unstable with upcoming forecast and lake is muddied up.The fishing in the spring needs several days of stable calm weather for fishing to be good.I would watch windsurf in April for that window to plan your trip.The fishable days in your 17ft boat depend on as much on velocity as wind direction and where you plan to fish.Ideal wind direction is SE-SW if fishing on south shore area.Worst is N-E.I would make velocity in low teens your cutoff.But can go little higher or lower depending on direction.NOAA forecast is useless.Don't even look at it anymore.

Last spring I went out of Wolf Creek with a 15 mph South wind thinking I could fish the clearer water that was about 3.5 miles out. I got out there and tried to fish, but was being blown faster than I wanted to troll. That combined with 3-4' rollers convinced me to head back towards shore. I think that wind was all of 15 mph and felt closer to 20 mph. My 18' Lund Mr. Pike was happy to be back in calmer water. My wife wasn't impressed with the day. We fished the calmer muddy water for a few hours since we made the 2 hr drive. Not even a hit. The more clear Modis images about 5 days ago looked really muddy yet, I suspect less than 1' of visibility. Has anyone had any success with, say less than 2' of visibility?

Yes,you can catch in 1ft of visibility.A lot of guys say if they can just see cavitation plate on their Outboard motor they can catch.We went 2 for 3 in South passage last year with 1ft visibility.Pooh bear had at least 20 that day.