Transducer ?? Transducer ?? Transducer ?? Transducer ??

Thread: Transducer ??

Default Transducer ??

Got a Baha cruiser 277gle and was wondering what transducer will work best with lowrance hd9 carbon. The boat is a inboard.

Quote Originally Posted by fishcatcher09 View Post
    Got a Baha cruiser 277gle and was wondering what transducer will work best with lowrance hd9 carbon. The boat is a inboard.
    If I were rigging that boat it would be two choices, a shoot thru or a thru hull transducer. And probably lean more to the shoot thru. If going with the shoot thru and you are installing a NMEA2000 network, you have the option of getting the water temp sensor that is wired to the transducer or a transducer with no temp and you buy a separate sensor that plugs into your network. You can check out the Lowrance site to see the difference and decide what is best for your set up.
    Here is something to think about, I would not own a boat without a heading sensor, and that requires the NMEA network. And if you have the network you can go with the separate temp sensor. These are the things that make that HDS unit shine.

GF

I have the Gen3 HDS-9 and used an Airmar B150M thru hull transducer. I can mark the bottom up to my top speed of 40mph and can mark fish up to about 25 mph without messing with any settings. This is on a 21 ft fiberglass walk around cuddy that is trailered

Thanks guys

I'd go thru-hull, that Airmar is a good choice... just make sure you've set the right deadrise angle and put it well in front of your prop to avoid any noise or interference.
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    I'd go thru-hull, that Airmar is a good choice... just make sure you've set the right deadrise angle and put it well in front of your prop to avoid any noise or interference.
    You how do I figure out the angle. It's a 2006 baha cruiser 277 gle

Quote Originally Posted by fishcatcher09 View Post
    You how do I figure out the angle. It's a 2006 baha cruiser 277 gle
    I could be wrong, but i thought those were 15deg at the transom, but closer to 20deg forward. You may end up old school with a protractor and level to measure it where you are going to mount a thru-hull. It's just important to have the transducer shoot straight down. With a level boat, you'll trim the transducer fairing block to match the deadrise angle of the hull where you are mounting it, keeping the transducer perpendicular to the water surface, i.e. straight down. Hope this makes sense!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

level your boat port to starboard then use a degree indicator on the hull bottom. Irwin 1794488

type in SEMPERFIFISHING IT WILL COME UP WITH GIL TRAVIS ON THE HULL TRUTH ALL INFO THERE I BOUGHT MINE OFF GIL SEEMED TO KNOW HIS STUFF PRICE WAS GOOD TO

i always thought my transducer was wrong i mark all kind of fish but cant catch them then i mark no fish and catch fish cant mark untill i slow boat down to idle any more my cell is just important as my lowrance