Tru Trip 40's Tru Trip 40's Tru Trip 40's Tru Trip 40's
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tru Trip 40's

There are advantages and disadvantages with most thinks,and that is what you have to deal with on which system you use to get your lures to desired depth.If using a diver or lure that floats such as crank,trutrip or jet,do not have to worry about sinking to bottom on turns or when letting board out.The disadvantage is to get to desired depth,may pull too hard for inline board.If bottom mud,do not have to worry to much about getting snagged.May even help catch if lure drops and comes off bottom.If fishing over rocks,you can get snags.We ran into this problem a couple seasons ago in October when trolling on Chickinole.We were catching some fish in 19fow,but it was slow.Wanted to put out a harness.But,no mater what size sinker I tried was getting down in rocks.Was lucky didn't lose anything.I finally figured out needed a floating diver.I ordered 4 TT30 the next day.Have not used yet,but should work in shallow water or over rocks.

I've used TT40's behind Church in lines for years now and love them. Keep in mind most of the reports are based off of TT40 depths and leads so you would have to adjust a program if you run TT 30's or some other weight system.