Tru Trip 40's Tru Trip 40's Tru Trip 40's Tru Trip 40's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tru Trip 40's

Default Tru Trip 40's

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone has had much time using the tru trip 40's behind inline boards? Will they pull OK or is the 40's too much for them? I bought some to try this year. I'm very new to the trolling game and learning as I go. Thanks to this site I have picked up on a lot of little things and can't hardly wait to get back on the water.

Depending on the boards you are using.... the Tru-Trip 30's are most likely a better option for you. I've heard Offshore has a larger style inline board now that handles the 40 TT's just fine, but I haven't tried it myself.
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

I have run TT40's behind my off shore boards, they ride lower than normal in the back but can be done. Just make sure if you run two on one side you keep them FAR apart. Turning can cause a mess if they are too close.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

i think the inline weights from rednekoutfitters.com is a much better option with inline boards. they have dive charts for the weights.

On my personal boat I run off shoretail boards and pull 40tt with no issues after a few mods.

1st relocate the rear attaching location lower. Of not using tattle flags move it to rear of the.board and down about halfway through the black plastic flagstorage /foam holder tab. If you are running tattle flags drop thar rear screw eye the wire runs through down to the middle of the same black piece.......this will help the board ride flatter and pull a lot harder.

2 if you want to run tattle flags get the new ones from offshore at 3 bucks each, it will allow you to have double the spring adjustment, and will get away from having to add rubber bands to stiffen up the spring.

3 you can relocate the weight of you feel you need to, you have to remove the yellow tab in front of the weight and drill a new hole for the screw to retain the weight......I did this year's ago ting to get these to run right and it helped, but now that I relocated that rear screw eye down, I have my weights in the stock location.

I think the new offshore boards come now with these changes incorporated into them now.

When I run 3 a side out I try to leave 50ft by the line counter between the boards, they will tangle especially if turning too tight. I only 3 a side whenote there is not a lot of traffic, most ppl don't expect a little boat to be running 150 out off each side. If I'm having to run deep depths like 100 plus I don't run 3 a side either.....too much line to get tangled and that's a lot of cranking.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

I like the in-line weights also, the boy thinks the TT's rattle is better so I let it happen.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Thanks for the info. I will use your suggestions. I have newer off shore boards and have option to move some things around as suggested. If I have issue I'll got 30s. Awsome to deal with great unselfish people willing to help a guy out. Thanks

Have used the TT40 on our offshore inline boards.It can be done,but they pull pretty hard.Had to double up our rubber bands to keep the flag up.If you look at dive chart for TT30 need 125 lead to get to 30ft deep.We use tadpoles #2 on our harnesses and if we need to go deeper put on a 3oz sinker.The 3oz sinker pulls less than TT40 and will get you down deeper than 30fow.

I have not pulled TT40's with the small Offshore boards. Some here has said it can be done with modifications to the boards but I know how Jet30's pull back on the inline boards. If you are leaning towards a jet style I would look at the 30 size for the little boards to be safe. You really need both (jet style and inline/snap weights or tadpoles) some days the fish want the lure dropping when turning/pausing/or slowing from a wave. The jet style divers are buoyant so it won't drop like a rock. Personally I take the buoyancy of the jet style divers over lead to keep your lures out of the mud any day!

Having said that...I have set of 8 Jet30's all black I'll sell you. I switched over to all True Trips!
    Eriegardless Sportfishing

Offering charters for up to 6 people on a 28' Carolina Classic and 1-3 person charters on a 2021 Starcraft Fishmaster

419-702-0589

Eriegardless Sportfishing - Website
    Eriegardless Sportfishing - Facebook
    Eriegardless Custom Lures

I use the TruTrip 30s off my Offshore boards. I typically fish harnesses with inline weights but there are days when they want a more neutral action the TruTrips add.

Tip for inline adjust your weight so your leads are not greater than the depth of water you are in. This way in slow inside turns, the weights never touch bottom.

David
    BlackH2oDog