Anyone ice fishing Anyone ice fishing Anyone ice fishing Anyone ice fishing
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thanks for the info. We went up two weeks ago. six of us managed 30 eyes. crack was a little unsettling about 4 foot of open water. but we managed. the locals were extremely helpful

Have been reading that people are ice fishing out of put-in-bay on OGF website.They have been doing well.That area traditionally have the best ice due to the ice locking in between the bass islands,green and rattlesnake.

Fished east harbor today with little happening. Saw some houses just north of Catawba but nobody was out too far.

Back at east harbor today and got 10 nice keepers (gills). Probably the last day on the ice with this warm weather. Would’ve maybe got one or two keepers if it weren’t for my underwater camera... The fish were sucking in the bait, spitting it out, and then leaving... Wax worms and a little ice jig. Started setting the hook right when they’d suck it in and got them. Only actually felt a few bites all day... Really makes me think of slow perch fishing days and the need for a nice camera suitable for summer fishing...

Hey troy how's it going

Since Ice hasn't been holding up on Erie very well, I am heading back to Saginaw again this weekend. About 28 inches of ice and they are still nailing walleye in early morning and evening. Slower during the day. A buddy of mine is guiding up there now (since no good ice on Erie) and said he and his clients are limiting out daily.

things are good frank how you been?

Been doing good,can't hardly wait to get my lines wet out there. Going to hit it the last weekend in March. See if I can dredge up a Ohio fish, should be a killer year for eaters

Just a last follow up on this thread....

Went to Saginaw this weekend and did manage to fish for a while. The spot that had been productive wasn't very spectacular this trip. Caught 2 average fish right away for the morning bite, then nothing for 11 hours. Caught my limit in 20 minutes once the evening bite got hot.

Ice conditions are diminishing quickly. 2st pressure crack was opening and harder to cross. My guide decided it was the last trip of the season for him unless we got some spectacular freeze in March this year.

Now...for some great ice off fishing on the western basin in the coming weeks.