Anyone ice fishing Anyone ice fishing Anyone ice fishing Anyone ice fishing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone ice fishing

I haven't been up to the islands in a few weeks. Is anybody up there ice fishing? If so I'm looking for a guide for one man fishing trip.

cant help with the ice fishing but will be doing some early ice out boat trips

There are guys fishing East Harbor. There may be locals going out from PIB, I'm not sure. But according to the satellite view from yesterday, I don't think there's enough ice on the main lake to go.. Not yet anyways.
    Anyone ice fishing-erieice-jpg

Thanks for the replies. I ended up taking the drive up to Saginaw Bay over the weekend and had a great trip! 24 inches of ice where we settled in to pull up some fish. Decent quality eyes (6.5 lb, 5 lb, 2-4 lb a few 2.5-3 lb keepers). Had some shorties and a silver or white bass that wouldn't fit through the 6 inch hole. Well worth the drive if you need to scratch that itch, and have a way to travel 6 miles across the ice.

That's awesome! Any pics to share?

how was the crack?

Anyone ice fishing-sag1-jpgAnyone ice fishing-sag2-jpgAnyone ice fishing-sag3-jpg

The crack was a little tricky, but manageable.

One snow mobile went into the drink before daylight.

We went about 3/4 mile east and found a smooth crossing point where the ice was pushed back together. We returned over the same crossing point.

Great day and we drilled through 24 inches of ice for fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by dayze_awayze View Post
    The crack was a little tricky, but manageable.

One snow mobile went into the drink before daylight.

We went about 3/4 mile east and found a smooth crossing point where the ice was pushed back together. We returned over the same crossing point.

Great day and we drilled through 24 inches of ice for fishing.
    Where at on the Bay was access point, I am thinking of making the drive since Lake Erie is not happening ...

Linwood rd. It is in Linwood Mi. There is a nice bait store just before you get to the access point. Get there a little early to watch others and get a parking spot or you will be parking your truck and trailer on the ice.