Drift sock / bag advise Drift sock / bag advise Drift sock / bag advise Drift sock / bag advise
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

its a inboard capt Eric gradyfish hit it . i have used my trolling bags for drift bags in the past dont think they work as well like the ones with floats and weights the bad side is finding a drift bag that holds up . it would be great if there was some type of add on kit to put on your amish trolling bags to use for both may haft to work on that. while were on the subject of trolling bags also when using 2 48 inch bags gets me down to 2.2 i was using a couple 58 inch to go slower in spring i need to replace them also as i tried saving a buck and bought cheaper ones that did not hold up

I get mine from BigFishTuff, and I run one 48" most of the time. I'll throw out the 60"s if I really need to slow down. With a single inboard, you're probably going to run two bags all the time for better control - and if you run bags large enough that you can bump the RPM's up by 50 or 100 (and still stay slow enough), you'll have much better control - and a nice boost in oil pressure! Also - have you made any modifications to your rudder? With the single engine Sportcrafts, we've always done the 1-2-3 mod to the rudder. Add and inch to the front, 2 inches to the bottom, and 3 inches to the back or the rudder. It'll handle like a whole different boat! Especially at low speeds in the marina!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing