Lake Erie Ice Lake Erie Ice Lake Erie Ice Lake Erie Ice

Thread: Lake Erie Ice

Default Lake Erie Ice

Now that the weather is changing back to single digits, will the soft ice re freeze again? Did we lose too much ice, as is there open water out there again? What can we expect in the next 3-4 days with this cold snap?

i was at Catawba they were still fishing probably lost a couple inches and got slushy but should freeze back up lots of nice perch buddy has air boat said they were getting some 12-14 inch fish.pimples and cleo spoons seem to be good for the eyes cold weather and calm winds till april then swest wind 5-15 75 degrees sunshine big walleye sounds good to me

the other areas need help crane creek, metzgers open water was there

Does anyone have the ice conditions for the rivers and canals coming in off the lake. We like to do a little riding on rivers etc where the ice is normally safer and we don't bother the fisherman. Might even try some fishing around some docks, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by airshot View Post
    Does anyone have the ice conditions for the rivers and canals coming in off the lake. We like to do a little riding on rivers etc where the ice is normally safer and we don't bother the fisherman. Might even try some fishing around some docks, thanks
    Rivers and canals are not safe at all.

There is nothing save, I just seen some online picture & it was really dangerous !

Went out to Catawba on Saturday. Lots and lots of shove ice throughout entire shore line. NOBODY was in the parking lot!!! Don't know of any access points to get out on the lake. Seen some open water out of Catawba. Wild Wings... Same scenario...lots of shove ice. Crane Creek... Same thing!!! To all the folks that want to come in from out of town like myself... if the locals aren't fishing, then that tells you something! Be safe out there. No fish is worth your life...EVER!!!

Very good and accurate post EYEFISH.