Is it Ice Yet? Is it Ice Yet? Is it Ice Yet? Is it Ice Yet?

Thread: Is it Ice Yet?

Default Is it Ice Yet?

Has got to be some brave souls fishing by now as cold as it's been. Not supposed to get above freezing for a few more days and even after that it's supposed to get into the teens at night for the next week or two. Looks like it could get safe pretty soon. Anyone have any info yet? I know Capt. Redbeard is posting occasionally, but I wouldn't want to be the one who tells all the out of towners it's safe and have someone drive off the edge. Better safe than sorry.

I know I'm chomping at the bit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    Has got to be some brave souls fishing by now as cold as it's been. Not supposed to get above freezing for a few more days and even after that it's supposed to get into the teens at night for the next week or two. Looks like it could get safe pretty soon. Anyone have any info yet? I know Capt. Redbeard is posting occasionally, but I wouldn't want to be the one who tells all the out of towners it's safe and have someone drive off the edge. Better safe than sorry.

I know I'm chomping at the bit!!
    Sunday afternoon there were about 2 dozen on the ice off Catawba State Park. I talked with one who had been out on a four wheeler. He said the ice was 6 inches thick. With the current out there, that is not thick enough for me. Maybe next weekend. BTW he had four eaters and one perch. Pimple and minnows.

Reno beach is open.