Looking for good service and upright dealers Looking for good service and upright dealers Looking for good service and upright dealers Looking for good service and upright dealers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for good service and upright dealers

I'm searching for a place that does quality work, doesn't try and screw you over for more money (ie do work that doesn't need done), has good prices, and all around great customer service. Duberts and peninsula s&s are dumpster fires and I will not use them again. Duberts customer service is trash and I honestly call into question the quality of work they provide. Peninsula has burned me and never fixed the problem. Just replaced parts that never needed replaced. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I am currently looking to upgrade my kicker to a pro with electric start, power trim, and the trolling controls sans tiller handle.

I can not help with this , but I will give my opinion on customer service in general, I am a business owner ,factory rep and Master Distributor for Sound Off Signal ,and own a LLC company that sells lights ,sirens etc to federal government, county and local city's-townships etc along with many private company's that do the amber /and evolving green market .
    Customer service most provide plain stink, that I think why my company does well, my goal is if I miss a call to return it at my first opportunity,visit my customers regularly and if it means taking a financial loss at times so be it, in the end the customers will come back if you show them you truly care.. I see at times people do not even care what the cost is with in reason of course as long as the work will be preformed correctly and backed .
    The generation and most business these days quite frankly do not care as long as it is a sale and generates revenue. This is sad, .
    that again is my opinion being a business owner and see so much...
    If anybody out there has a need for any of products I represent please contact me , if not that is okay at least I was able to share my opinion!

I assume you now have a kicker if so do the work yourself, not rocket science just a little time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel_Deal View Post
    I'm searching for a place that does quality work, doesn't try and screw you over for more money (ie do work that doesn't need done), has good prices, and all around great customer service. Duberts and peninsula s&s are dumpster fires and I will not use them again. Duberts customer service is trash and I honestly call into question the quality of work they provide. Peninsula has burned me and never fixed the problem. Just replaced parts that never needed replaced. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. I am currently looking to upgrade my kicker to a pro with electric start, power trim, and the trolling controls sans tiller handle.
    I have had good luck with Terry's Marine Service on Rte. 269. I don't think he's the cheapest but I feel like I get treated fairly and I have received great customer service. Just my $0.02. Good luck with your search.

As a new (again) boat owner, after 20 years off, I have also had good experience with Josh Terry.

After I rebuilt the heads on my Mercruiser I/O, I have a little mechanical experience, but did not want to take the time to learn the tricks about outdrives.

I had Josh Terry do some work on the outdrive. He was honest and the work was all done properly the first time. I price shopped and I got a couple quotes for a price range. Josh quoted an exact price, that was fair IMO, as well as a second price in the event another part needed replaced. The bill was exactly what he quoted.

This was my first experience with him but he will get my business next time.

I would at least ask him about your upgrade goals. CHEERS!
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

I have a buddy who uses Terrys and likes them..I don't know what bad experience you had at Dubberts but I took my boat there last spring and was very pleased with the

work and service they provided...just my 2 cents

i take my outboard boat to Dubberts had one issue but i thought they took care of it ok
    and i use Drawbridge for my inboard sportcraft so far no problems with them feel they do a good job
    you can have a problem with anyone . s___ happens its all how the issue gets delt with that counts

Quote Originally Posted by get the net View Post
    I have a buddy who uses Terrys and likes them..I don't know what bad experience you had at Dubberts but I took my boat there last spring and was very pleased with the

work and service they provided...just my 2 cents
    took in to get panther mount and kicker put on. dropped in the water and the battery was dead from them leaving something on. no biggie jumped it and went on my way. took boat into get winterized (fresh water systems only) they only did one pump of the 3 and blew fuses along the way and i ended up doing the rest myself. as i would not care too much but they said they did all the systems and charged me for it. i tried to tell them about the 3 pumps and i was brushed off like i was bothering them. lastly i took in to get trollmaster put on, which they did a good job running wires and putting where i wanted it, but when i start up the motor the throttle is on full throttle. in their defense it was right before i put the boat up for the winter and haven't taken it back to get fixed which i do believe they will and make everything great. every i have gone in to talk about projects i would like done to my boat i feel like they think i'm being a pain in the ass. i have many questions because this is my first boat. i'm just a big customer service guy. act like you want me to be there. especially when i'm going to be dropping thousands of dollars on work and equipment. i feel like it's a gripe that can be fixed on their part and win my business back. i'm just looking for other options at this point. doesn't hurt to have backups i guess.

Reel Deal, you must have the teollmaster controller powered on before you start your kicker. Powering it on resets the servo motor on the trollmaster to idle. If the controller isn’t
    Powered on, The kicker will start at wide open throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankangler View Post
    Reel Deal, you must have the teollmaster controller powered on before you start your kicker. Powering it on resets the servo motor on the trollmaster to idle. If the controller isn’t
    Powered on, The kicker will start at wide open throttle.
    I have seen a couple of you guys mention this, but I have 2 Trollmaster pro 2 units and I don’t have this problem. Mine actually go to idle or zero throttle with no power. Do you guys have the earlier version possibly? The other thing I do on mine is put a toggle switch inline to shut off power to the controller when not in use. I do that because there is a slight battery drain from the controller that will drain battery over time.