Monday morning on the lake Monday morning on the lake Monday morning on the lake Monday morning on the lake
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Today was blast
    We started out same area as Monday for about an hour, nothing happening. Picked up and moved to east side of Kellys , Game On!
    Perfect 10 Marvin was on fire, speed was a little faster today 1.7 - 2.0, 2oz 35 - 40' back . At one point we had both nets tied-up and another fish on waiting to come in
    Fish ranged from 17 - 24" After we put the 18th fish in the box and was bringing in the gear we caught another 23" er [ his lucky day we measured him and let him go ] We also had 5 come off before the boat

Captain Tacky, I told Dad you said Hi,I was planning on fishing all weekend but worked changed that while we were out there today. I looks like the weather will be turning after Monday hopefully this won't be my last trip of season. I will keep you in mind if I get an opening between work and weather
    Attached Images Attached Images Monday morning on the lake-nets-jpg Monday morning on the lake-cooler-12-1-17-jpg Monday morning on the lake-screen-shot-jpg 
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

Quote Originally Posted by Throttles Down View Post
    Today was blast
    We started out same area as Monday for about an hour, nothing happening. Picked up and moved to east side of Kellys , Game On!
    Perfect 10 Marvin was on fire, speed was a little faster today 1.7 - 2.0, 2oz 35 - 40' back . At one point we had both nets tied-up and another fish on waiting to come in
    Fish ranged from 17 - 24" After we put the 18th fish in the box and was bringing in the gear we caught another 23" er [ his lucky day we measured him and let him go ] We also had 5 come off before the boat

Captain Tacky, I told Dad you said Hi,I was planning on fishing all weekend but worked changed that while we were out there today. I looks like the weather will be turning after Monday hopefully this won't be my last trip of season. I will keep you in mind if I get an opening between work and weather
    Nice fish.......few questions if you don't mind......the weigh were you putting that at the 35 to 40 down? If so what length were you running behind the weight between it and the p10. Never fished much with snap weights.......hope to get out sunday morning myself

I don't use snap weights. I use in line weights/ trolling sinkers. Instead of having a tru- trip or other diver, I have a 2 oz. Inline weight in it's place and run the same leader from weight to lure. I post a pic but don't know how from phone.

OK I follow, so that the depth of the weight. Not sure what line you use but that loops like it would had been running and targeting 15 to 20ft in the water column

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    OK I follow, so that the depth of the weight. Not sure what line you use but that loops like it would had been running and targeting 15 to 20ft in the water column
    Running braid
    Target depth was higher , closer to 12' .....15'
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

When we first adding weight to cranks asked Pooh Bear how he did it.He used a 7ft fluorocarbon leader think 10lb with snap on one side and swivel on other.Then we would put sinker with loop on both ends on line then leader then crank.Basically weight 7ft from crank but could not take off line.Which is just about length sinker got to rod tip and could still land fish.Last few seasons prefer the snap weights.Most guys I've read put the snap weight 20ft in front of crank and that is what we do and works well.I usually put on 2oz of weight but sometimes run 1oz.Have tried 3oz,but they pull so hard that the boards do not run well.If figuring out depth of crank with weight, I total length of line I have out and look at chart for depth of that lure and lead.Then add 4ft per ounce of weight to get depth want crank to run.It is also easier to store rods with snap weight since just put crank on rod eye and I put weights in pocket or another area in boat.Have not had problem of losing them,but I do loop them on line so that line is going through release twice.You also have to be carefull with tangles using weights.You cannot bring a weight on outside board over line with no weight.I run my weights on inside boards or weight all on one side.