a new story a new story a new story a new story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a new story

Default a new story

well happy thanksgiving a day late no fishing report and i did not have fish this year for turkey day wife made turkey for family while me and my son went to lions game traffic was terrible took me 50 minutes to get to detroit from toledo then 90 minutes to get to ford field due to thanksgiving day parade 2 races from people running in a thanksgiving day race to a sold out lions game 2nd biggest crowd in lions history for ford field. 3 days before turkey day i was cleaning up freezers i have 2 when i got to my fish drawer a bag had busted open and 3 bags of walleye were stuck to the bottom so after a half hour of trying to get them out i finally got them out and ate walleye for 3 days it was good but i wont eat fish for a week or so. would like to go to metzgers pier and try it casting for eyes made me up a wagon to hold everything poles chair lanterns bucket looks like warmer weather is coming high 50s next week but could change any info on this would be nice. so nows time to start on hair jigs have a lot in stock good xmas present had my first hair jig customer come over he also bought spreaders bottom bouncers and harnesses his sons bought a new boat same as mine 27 ft sportcraft 1984 with soft top so he made them up tackle boxes for xmas i gave him some extra stuff for his gifts he left happy now all we need is some thick ice on the lake. i have hundreds of cleo spoons already made up with some really cool laser spoons. making trip east next week to sell them have a couple bait shops wanting them i guess they want them for steelhead. could use some xmas cash. so good fishing and happy holidays everybody
    Last edited by rscotfish; 11-24-2017 at 08:32 AM.

rscotfish...I have a place on Catawba and I am always on the hunt for new baits and suppliers, where can I purchase your jigs, etc? Are they in the local bait shops or do you have a location that you sell out of? I have seen your posts before but thought I would ask now in preparation for next season. thx in advance for any info.

I buy from him often,has great quality at great price, he is in Oregon Ohio call him his number is 419-698-8640 nice guy to visit with on a cold winter day

Thx Cap. I appreciate the info.

put up new pics on the marketplace call or email [email protected] should be first post thanks

My apologies but what and where is the "Market Place"?

Quote Originally Posted by My Way View Post
    My apologies but what and where is the "Market Place"?
    Scroll down the home page to general discussions, and market place will be there (http://community.walleye.com/forumdi...ye-MARKETPLACE)

went out to Catawba lots of cars in parking lot stopped talked to a couple fishermen no fish today lots of shanties said ice was 8 inches where they were fishing a mile or so off shore. went to crane creek no one there left went to metzgers seen some open water no one fishing seems like its been awful cold not to have good ice. maybe next week the only place to try would be off Catawba, good news is i think its coming still have lots of ice jigs but 2 bait shops called wanting them so if i sell to them they have to make there money and you will pay a lot more first come first serve but any body from this site gets best deal. also sold 3750 bare jigs today

Thanks for the update rscotfish.

went to metzgers pier water was open looks like ice a mile or so out dont know what we need to get ice over here but 59 degrees is not it will we get ice need calm cold weather why does Catawba have 12 inches and us no ice must be wind direction just my opinion whats yours